What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air sound quality

ianmedium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use my iPad for listening to music. I am a bit of an audio buff so I use an Astell&Kern AK120 which plays high resolution and DSD music. However I watch a lot of ripped from my DVD collection TV shows or Movies that I have collected over the years and the sound quality from the inbuilt speakers is wonderful, much deeper and three dimensional sound over my old iPad 1st gen.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't use my iPad for listening to music. I am a bit of an audio buff so I use an Astell&Kern AK120 which plays high resolution and DSD music. However I watch a lot of ripped from my DVD collection TV shows or Movies that I have collected over the years and the sound quality from the inbuilt speakers is wonderful, much deeper and three dimensional sound over my old iPad 1st gen.

Well, after several posts here, I'm looking forward to upgrading from my iPad 2 to the new Air soon - improved speaker quality was not at the top of my list, but I plan to 'dump' my old iPod Touch (2G) which has my music, and just put all on the new iPad - I now use Bluetooth travel speakers, so will be interesting to do some comparisons! Dave :)

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
I wonder why both speakers are on the short side. I've you watch movies you're more likely to have it in landscape.
If you listen to music, earphones are more likely and orientation doesn't matter then...
Can't they be put on opposite corners? Then you'd have stereo sound in both orientations wouldn't you?

ianmedium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder why both speakers are on the short side. I've you watch movies you're more likely to have it in landscape.
If you listen to music, earphones are more likely and orientation doesn't matter then...
Can't they be put on opposite corners? Then you'd have stereo sound in both orientations wouldn't you?

The thing is it is such a short distance you won't get much stereo separation I feel from having speakers either side. The sound for me does not feel like it comes from one side though. When I watch speech it feels like it is coming from the mouths of the actors which is all that matters.

Most reactions

Latest posts