What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Air Sound Alerts

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't I get a sound alert on my incoming emails?, when I do on my incoming iMessages.
and yet my husband gets sound alerts on his IPad 4, and settings look the same on both ipads

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at your side switch. If you see a red dot, your system sounds are muted. Move the switch to the other side.

Also try the Volume buttons. Perhaps sounds were muted that way.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't I get a sound alert on my incoming emails?, when I do on my incoming iMessages.
and yet my husband gets sound alerts on his IPad 4, and settings look the same on both ipads
Have you looked at Settings>Notifications>Mail to see if notifications are enabled for email?
image.jpg

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at your side switch. If you see a red dot, your system sounds are muted. Move the switch to the other side.

Also try the Volume buttons. Perhaps sounds were muted that way.

Unfortunately not that easy !

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data: what did you select for the email account there?

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My audible alerts seem to operate bak to front ie, initially the email icon is normal,but when I click it,I get the audible alert and if I then go back to home screen I notice I have got a badge on the email icon?

I thought it was meant work such that if I get an email,I should get an audible alert,and then when I open my iPad case I see the badge on the email icon, and then I click to open the email!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That depends on your settings for the email account. If you selected "Push", or one of the intervals for "Fetch", it should work the way you wanted it. "Manually" means that emails are fetched when you open the app.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That depends on your settings for the email account. If you selected "Push", or one of the intervals for "Fetch", it should work the way you wanted it. "Manually" means that emails are fetched when you open the app.
Thank J.A,

I have push followed by fetch followed by manually.

I have now changed the manually to 15mins, and I will then see what happens.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks again Johanna

I get no email audible alert with my IPad Air case cover closed and yet my husband with his Ipad4 case cover closed does?. I have compared setting and they appear to be the same,?, which one have I missed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again Johanna

I get no email audible alert with my IPad Air case cover closed and yet my husband with his Ipad4 case cover closed does?. I have compared setting and they appear to be the same,?, which one have I missed?

Could it be that you don't have Notifications enabled on your Lockscreen? For each app that you have Notifications activated, there is a "Show on Lock Screen" button that must be on (show green around the button). If that's not active, you won't get your notifications until you open/unlock the iPad.

Marilyn

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks Joanne,

With your help I think I have got it sorted.

Most reactions

Latest posts