What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air freezes

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi my ipad air freezes for about 15/30 seconds then runs ok......until the next time.
Annoying!
Any thoughts?

TYIA

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please provide more information: 1) What iOS is installed; 2) When do the 'freezes' occur, e.g. with one or more apps, web browsing, or other; 3) If web browsing, how do you connect to the internet; and 4) Any damage to the device, i.e. a drop and/or liquid spill?

In the meantime, have you 'Reset' the iPad? If not, hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 sec or so), then release and allow the device to 'reboot' - let us know if that helps and provide the answer to the questions above for starters. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
O

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Using any app or browsing

Wifi

No

Have rebooted countless times. Takes longer than waiting for it to unfreeze

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using any app or browsing
Wifi - No - Have rebooted countless times. Takes longer than waiting for it to unfreeze

Well, your problem seems more complicated - please provide your iPad model and whether your device is 'jailbroken' (not sure if that iOS version can be jailbroken) - others w/ experience will likely 'chime in'.

Of course, you could take your iPad to an Apple Store or an authorized Apple service for a diagnostic evaluation. Other considerations include a Restoration (Recovery mode) or using DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) - some information HERE (and plenty of other 'hits' w/ a google search). You might want to wait for a few others to respond - might be some different suggestions - good luck. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Deleted the first link - might be a 'bogus' website - don't know?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 10.3.1 can't be jailbroken.

@osborneuk
Did you update over the air (Settings - General - Software Update on the iPad) or vie iTunes?
Make sure there's a most recent backup, then restore your iPad in iTunes, if it has been updated via Wi-Fi. Maybe that'll help with your problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 10.3.1 can't be jailbroken.

Thanks Johanna for confirming the above - since I never jailbreak my iDevices, the topic is of little interest to me, but just decided to search and found the 'fishy' link left in my post, thus needed input from members 'in the know' - my 'real' advice followed. Dave :)

OP
O

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MGKL2B/A
Model A1566
Not jailbroken
Updated over wifi

Most reactions

Latest posts