What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air connected to ATT Router WIFI performs very slow

greglim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the new iPad Air (WIFI version only) and when connected to my ATT Uverse router (3800HGV) performs very slow when browsing the Internet or Youtube. I have an iPad Mini, iphone 4 and iPhone 5 and all of them work correctly. I did run the Speed Test and I got 3.81mbps download on each of these 3 devices but on the iPad Air I just got 0.35 mbps. I went to try another wifi at work (Cisco) and I got 9.89 mbps on the iPad Air and all of my other devices, so the apple devices are working well. The problem is the iPad Air with the ATT Router. I called ATT support and they do not know nothing about it and they told me to contact Apple Support. I contacted Apple support on their online service and when I entered my Serial number, they told me that they do not provide Online Service for the iPad Air yet.
Anyone knows something. I have to decide if I return the Ipad Air or look for another internet provider.
Thanks

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the new iPad Air (WIFI version only) and when connected to my ATT Uverse router (3800HGV) performs very slow when browsing the Internet or Youtube. I have an iPad Mini, iphone 4 and iPhone 5 and all of them work correctly. I did run the Speed Test and I got 3.81mbps download on each of these 3 devices but on the iPad Air I just got 0.35 mbps. I went to try another wifi at work (Cisco) and I got 9.89 mbps on the iPad Air and all of my other devices, so the apple devices are working well. The problem is the iPad Air with the ATT Router. I called ATT support and they do not know nothing about it and they told me to contact Apple Support. I contacted Apple support on their online service and when I entered my Serial number, they told me that they do not provide Online Service for the iPad Air yet. Anyone knows something. I have to decide if I return the Ipad Air or look for another internet provider. Thanks
I don't know what else your problem could be, but I have Xfinity from Comcast and I just ran Speedtest. Download speed was 24.76 mbps on my new IPad Air! Make sure you are connected to the proper network!

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you considered trying a different router? How old is your present router?

OP
G

greglim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ATT Router is 3 years old . One option is to get a new Router maybe Airport Extreme but I don't know if it will work with ATT Router

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ATT Router is 3 years old . One option is to get a new Router maybe Airport Extreme but I don't know if it will work with ATT Router
Could you replace your ATT router with the AirPort Extreme?

OP
G

greglim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if it allows to be replaced. I read that some people have added the Airport Extreme but the ATT Router have to be there and there is a lot of configuration to make it work !!

OP
G

greglim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved. I turned off the Option Settings - WIFI - Ask to Join Networks, now it works like it should be. I read about other people having the same problem with a Mac

Most reactions

Latest posts