What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air battery amount

baxterda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I charge my iPad Air overnight the green battery indicator indicates 100%, immediately I unplug it it reads white 99%. If I turn off the iPad completely or restart it (power+home button) when it comes back on the battery indicator reads correctly white 100%. It does the same with my wife's iPad Air too. I am using the charger and cable that came with the iPad Air.

Anybody else having this problem?

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the ipad until it runs out of battery and turn it off by its own. Then plug it and let it charge until 100% that will recalibrate accurately the battery. You should do so at least once in a month or so, specially, if you almost don't use to let the ipad battery hit 20% or bellow before you recharge it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shadow4845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the ipad until it runs out of battery and turn it off by its own. Then plug it and let it charge until 100% that will recalibrate accurately the battery. You should do so at least once in a month or so, specially, if you almost don't use to let the ipad battery hit 20% or bellow before you recharge it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks I for that tip as I noticed that with my My Ipad Air. Sometimes I get caught up in recharging over and over and never let the battery run completely down.

Thanks

Shadow4845 (@@)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks I for that tip as I noticed that with my My Ipad Air. Sometimes I get caught up in recharging over and over and never let the battery run completely down.

Hi OP & Shadow - for your interest, take a look at my post in THIS THREAD - basically, do the recommended monthly 'complete' battery discharge (for the reasons already given) on the iPad; otherwise, on a daily basis, I just top off my iPad's battery @ night - some may argue to keep the iPad's battery fully charged most of the time to prevent accumulation of 'recycles' (again as explained in the link), but that obviously takes a lot of the fun out of using an iDevice as a convenient & portable gizmo - :) Dave

P.S. I handle my Macbook Pro which is more stationary next to my den chair differently - I do an occasional discharge (e.g. once a month or less) but usually keep the power cable plugged in, again for the reasons given in the link; now, others may have a different opinion which is fine.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Air does that on occasion, but it happens much more with my 4S. I do the complete discharge on all devices on a monthly basis, and the battery life on all is great. I agree with you, giradman...I just use my devices as much as I want, and charge them whenever I feel like it.

Most reactions