What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New battery

Geraldo32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently installed a new battery, and it discharges when tot in use in standby

I have aipad air 2 also with new battery both

The batteries wete bought from different companies with a good reputation

I have has a few ipad airs with the original batterys and they do not discharge they hold there charge like normal

The new batterys i bought have got 100% battery health so they cant be faulty

I tries a dfu factory reset on itunes but problem is still there

The ipad still performs well it lasts 12 hours watching a youtube video streaming

Dont know what it is thats causing it, i have tried resetting the settings but its still draining

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you accidentally caused a short inside the iPad when charging the battery? How quickly does the charge level drop when in standby?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the battery still drop that fast if the iPad is turned off instead of being left on standby?

OP
G

Geraldo32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried turning it off for a day and bsttery is showing 91 % now yesterday it was showing 88%

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try running the battery all the way down then charge fully. Don’t use it while it’s charging. This should calibrate the charge indicator. Let us know if this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts