What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 1st Generation. Thoughts?

mmitsch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy an iPad Air 1st generation in space gray with 32gb and WiFi.

I have an iPad 1 A1219 now, Aldo 32gb WiFi.

i think the Air was put out in 2013?about 3 years after I got mine. Is it a faster unit? Will it take a later iOS? Is the processor the same? Seems like it has a better display too.

let me know your thoughts. It’d cost about $25.

Thanks!

Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

The iPad Air was released in November 2013. It’s capable of running iOS 12, the last update was a few weeks ago, in May - a security update.
Here’s a comparison between iPad 2 and iPad Air (I couldn’t find the Air compared to the original iPad):
9B6D1E61-D67F-4460-A9A1-E472348BC429.jpeg

It’s certainly faster than the iPad 1st generation. I had an iPad 2 and an iPad Air, and the difference between both devices was significant. My daughter still uses the iPad Air, it works without problems.

Hope that helps.

OP
M

mmitsch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

The iPad Air was released in November 2013. It’s capable of running iOS 12, the last update was a few weeks ago, in May - a security update.
Here’s a comparison between iPad 2 and iPad Air (I couldn’t find the Air compared to the original iPad):
View attachment 93786
It’s certainly faster than the iPad 1st generation. I had an iPad 2 and an iPad Air, and the difference between both devices was significant. My daughter still uses the iPad Air, it works without problems.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much - and yes, this helps!

Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts