What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 5

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think there will certainly be an iPad 5. What is uncertain is when it will arrive, and what features it will have.

Apple have moved away from numbers, though, so it will probably be called the iPad with retina display, which would give it the same name as the iPad 4.

Speculation is always fun, though.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, I think they'll skip it completely and go straight to the 6.......or maybe 7.......hmm, 28, 59 or even 107.......

The Archangel

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There will be one but it will be called The iPad With Some Ridiculous Name Because We Can't Stick With The Number Sequence.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. There will be new versions, but called something else, maybe to make it less obvious which evolution it is.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There will be one but it will be called The iPad With Some Ridiculous Name Because We Can't Stick With The Number Sequence.

Maybe they can just use the year of release in the name? Kind of like cars do: it's the 2013 Toyota Camry for example. I dunno, maybe just call your iPad a 2013? Who knows. iPad 5 works fine with me too.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the prices of storage media drops, the next model will have bigger storage options. That's the only reason I'd get one at this point.

There's already a 128GB version of the iPad 4, there's no reason to doubt that Apple will offer this option or more, with the iPad 5.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
apple will sell more ipads if they droped there prices by 100 dolars on each one. other tablets are out selling ipads becaues of price

Most reactions