What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 5 And iPad Mini 2 Rear Shells Leak In Gold

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
iPad-5-and-iPad-mini-2-rear-shell-in-gold-C-Technology-001.jpg
It's almost mid-way through October and we have yet to hear any official word from Apple regarding the next big iPad event. Apple is set to unveil two new iPads this year; the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2nd generation.
iPad-5-and-iPad-mini-2-rear-shell-in-gold-C-Technology-003.jpg
The iPad 5 is rumored to acquire the iPad Mini design, on a larger scale, removing the side bezels, and removing some extra weight and bulk. All of this while the iPad Mini 2nd generation is expected to adopt the Retina display, which has left consumers wanting to hold off on buying the original iPad Mini. Both devices are expected to sport an A7X processor, 8MP iSight camera from the iPhone 5, and possibly the iPhone 5S's Touch ID Home Button.

Chinese blog CTechnology, which previously posted numerous leaks of the iPhone 5C prior to launch, has just posted photos of alleged iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2nd generation rear shells. We've seen alleged leaks of both rear shells before, but this time the parts are in the famous gold color. The photos show the shells of the two devices side-by-side, along with a photo of the part vendor ZH. Although Apple has yet to send out invites to the iPad event, many blogs, including AllThingsD, expect the company to hold the unveiling on October 22.
iPad-5-and-iPad-mini-2-rear-shell-in-gold-C-Technology-002.jpg

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very Clever of Apple. i understand that the gold iPhone 5S was the most popular color and sold out first. It is just a color of the case but people will go for new twist. I remember when all phones were black( you got colorful cases ). Many android phones are producing colored cases to revive an existing product and get interest . I plan on replacing my iPad first gen. with a new iPad. i will look at the gold tone even though I plan on getting a portfolio cover. I like the reported stats of the new iPad 5 ( processor and memory) I find myself using my iPad for more things and want a more portable size but not a mini. My only indecision is 32 g vs 64 gig and should i go for the cellular version or get a portable wifi- my hot spot on my cell phone is poor( sprint)- looking in a Mifi thorugh AT&t- or Verizon so i can connect my iPod touch and even my cell phone when i don't have bars

Most reactions

Latest posts