What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4G LTE!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-ipad-4g-lte.jpg

Yes, you read the title right the new Apple iPad will be 4G/LTE! The iPad 2 has 3.1Mbps on EV-DO, 7.2 on HSPA. The new iPad will now has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners.

There will be two different versions built in the US for Verizon and AT&T. The new iPad can also be turned into a mobile hotspot if the carrier supports it.

Source: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't trust those numbers. Granted while it is faster than 3G, I can't see it getting those immense speeds.

kimmeken84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. I'm from belgium. There's no provider at this moment that supports 4G LTE but still 3G network. If I buy the new iPad with 4G, can I use it on 3G network?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes.. (According to what I heard from the Apple announcement today).. It will fall back to 3G/HSPA when there is no 4G available..

kimmeken84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
Yes.. (According to what I heard from the Apple announcement today).. It will fall back to 3G/HSPA when there is no 4G available..

Ok thanks :)
I'll pre-order mine today!

Most reactions

Latest posts