What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 White Screen Help

Croanoation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im hoping someone can help, my ipad 4 has a perpetual white screen on wake up, I have tried the home button + sleep/wake button trick and it just goes to a black screen, and wakes up to a blank white screen again. I don't know what else to try

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it needs to be restored.

Before suggesting anything drastic, does iTunes see the iPad when you plug it into your computer?

OP
C

Croanoation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't ever tried plugging it into a computer, will it work if I don't use Mac OS?

OP
C

Croanoation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so i connected it to my computer and it doesn't even register on my device manager, but as an update if it helps, when i tried pressing a couple of buttons on it it asked me to connect to the internet, so the ipad is on but the lcd screen isnt displaying anything

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about device manager or Windows Explorer. Everything you need to do will need iTunes, and that's where you need to start.

If you haven't already, you should download iTunes, preferably version 12.5.1 since this is the latest version.

When you have that installed, go to the Account menu and "Authorize This Computer".

If your iPad display is not working, we are going to be working in the blind, but essentially what we are trying to do is back up the iPad and then restore it to factory settings. Hopefully, the restoration will bring the screen back to life.

OP
C

Croanoation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The authorization for ITunes doesn't seem to be working, if all we need it is to backup the ipad, its no problem, Im perfectly fine just factory resetting it

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try authorizing with the iPad unplugged. There's probably a message on its screen asking if you want to trust the computer. You won't be able to proceed until iTunes is authorized.

OP
C

Croanoation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, I need to wait for my brother to come home because he has the apple id and password, it might be awhile before then

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. I'll be around until late, and there are other people around who will pitch in, with a bit of luck.

If it's possible, we'll get it running.

Most reactions

Latest posts