What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4.2 Multitasking

MrRager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone im new here and considering buying an ipad for my birthday at the end of the month. I was wondering how well the new OS multitasks. The multitask i would need it the ability to run music, safari, and facebook (friendly so i can chat) at the same time?

If this is not possible can I find a way to facebook chat on safari under some website?

Thanks a bunch,
Rager

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will be able to play music (either from the native iPod app, or a different "radio" type app) while surfing or using any other feature. Sorry, I don't Face Book, so I don't know what apps are available, or where to go on safari. Enjoy your new iPad!

zrome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrRager said:
Hey everyone im new here and considering buying an ipad for my birthday at the end of the month. I was wondering how well the new OS multitasks. The multitask i would need it the ability to run music, safari, and facebook (friendly so i can chat) at the same time?

If this is not possible can I find a way to facebook chat on safari under some website?

Thanks a bunch,
Rager

You can download im+ or IMO to do facebook chat. They run in background.

OP
M

MrRager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you both. does the IMO app come for the ipad or is it just an iphone 4 app? the im+ costs 9.99 which is a big negative.

and lets say im on safari an i get a message, will it sound alerting me even though that particular app isn't running?

thanks again.

Brandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imo on iPad

imo is available for iPad and its free :)

You can download the app from the iTunes store.

Most reactions