What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4.2 GM Crashing Windows 7 Applications

OP
gjperera

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
I recently installed Windows 7 on my PC, and I have iTunes 10.1 installed. While synching my photos in iTunes the OS crashed! This happened multiple times, so I decided to try synching 1 or 2 of my photo (sub)folders at a time. This seemed to work well, until I added a folder that contained over 400 photos. The OS crashed again.

It seems like there is a limit on the number of photos that I can add each time. Once I get the photos loaded onto the iPad I have no synch issues at all. Getting them loaded in the first place is the problem. Loading the photos 1 folder at a time is quite tedious, and not it looks like I'll have to split up folders that contain too many photos.

This is really getting frustrating. I wonder if Mac owners have to deal with this as well. I'm also wondering if this may be a memory (RAM) issue. I recently ordered 4 new 2GB memory sticks that should arrive soon (I currently have 4GB). Hopefully, this will solve the issue.

Strange...did you update to iOS4.2? I have a similar situation, 4GB RAM, Windows 7, and a ton of pictures (around 550) and don't have that same problem you are reporting. Did you say you upgraded? Clean install or upgrade? Thanks.

bgunckel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I didn't state upgrade anywhere. The Windows 7 install was a clean install. I just updated my iPad OS to 4.2 last night, so I'll try again, either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully, the 4.2 iPad upgrade takes care of this issue. My additional RAM should arrive today, so I'll try that as well if the 4.2 upgrade doesn't help.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts