What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had ordered the Wifi version, then changed my mind. I'm waiting for the 3G now.

I am officially a member of both the IPAD Wi-fi and the 3G forum. I worked a deal with my Apple consultant where I will send this one back and reluctantly WAIT for the 3G. I really miss being able go on line anywhere!

So the wait starts all over again. Anybody want to sell some Valium?

DanaNgidhu

Sent from my Wi-Fi IPAD

Gmunford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a newby to Apple I do find it maddening that a company so famously focused on the user experience doesn't have the courtesy to give a date or even an explanation to the customers for the most expensive version of their hot new product. Clearly Apple wants to generate excitement - so we buy into to it a the highest end - and then are ignored while the party goes on without us. Some magic.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had ordered the Wifi version, then changed my mind. I'm waiting for the 3G now.

I am officially a member of both the IPAD Wi-fi and the 3G forum. I worked a deal with my Apple consultant where I will send this one back and reluctantly WAIT for the 3G. I really miss being able go on line anywhere!

So the wait starts all over again. Anybody want to sell some Valium?

DanaNgidhu

Sent from my Wi-Fi IPAD

I can’t send valium …but surely some other stuff (prohibited) for make you waiting like me the 3G … as the wifi is amazing i can’t wait for my 3G

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to wonder why they do not set a delivery date. The original reason for the delay was FCC approval. It could be that they still do not have approval. As per government rules, they would not even be able to advertise a delivery date if they do not have the document in hand. They could have a verbal date that they will be granted the license, and that would allow them to make some plans, but without a formal letter, they cannot be sold. They may even are being held in custom hold in Alaska waiting on the notice.

Breckbi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be nice if they were already boxed and addressed sitting in a FedEx warehouse in Alaska! That is, if all the kinks were worked out...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but they could explain it even if they cant give a date.

They maintain the weather HOT by keeping silence and letting people waiting …

they are excellent to play that kind of game … we dislike it but we also enjoy their great products

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greg G and all,

I feel your pain brothers and sisters. I've decided to us the avatar with of the iPad with the "coming Soon" :comingsoon: graphic over it until I actually recieve it. When you see me posting with a fulling exposed iPad avatar you'll know I'm on this forum with my new iPad in my trembling hands trying to type (nothing like a good fix).

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanna play. I'm going to wait till morning and then decide if I really want this that bad. I thought I did, but the more I think about it, maybe I can do without it. I am furious not over the waiting, but for the lack of a date. For all we know, they could say - ah...maybe end of May. I 'm not too sure. On second thought, I will give it till Sunday, no word on a date yet, then I think I am a lost customer and I will have to come abck and live vicariously through all of you!!

I am very close to canceling my order. I can just go to the Apple store or Best Buy and get one anyway. This waiting without any date set is very frustrating.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very close to canceling my order. I can just go to the Apple store or Best Buy and get one anyway. This waiting without any date set is very frustrating.

You know as soon as you do that they'll announce the date the following day.

J/K

:D

I feel the same as you... it's very frustrating. To get by I find myself wasting way too much time obsessing and reading on this board because I don't have my iPad to play with yet.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the FCC is the hold up, I am sure there is some rule that says companies cannot make any statements other than a prescibed non-statement to the public. In some fields, projects are not even allowed to be started until all the applications are officially approved. As someone who is familiar with government rules and regs, even Apple can seem like an open book compared to some of the federal agencies. I can remember that to sate the demands of activists who wanted the public to know about risks within communities, towns were asked to publish what amounted to a blueprint for terrorists. They even ordered that the plans show how a terrorist could attack the community. After several months, the feds came back and made all the sensitive info be removed from websites and hard copies be locked up and hidden from FIA warrants.

rle737ng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well guys, I am continuing to monitor the chatter about the WiFi problems. I don't know if it is a bad batch, production problems or what. I simply cannot plunk down the kind of bucks Apple wants for this device with a known problem out there. There is just too much smoke and not enough answers. I cancelled my 3G order and will await further developments on this issue. I hope Apple comes through with a fix.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have one of the routers causing the problem? I don't and my wifi connection has worked perfectly with ipad since I got it. It's 2% of ipads, I wouldn't cancel over issues with 2% of a device.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First gen of any device always has a few issues that get taken care of as quick as possible. In this case, there seems little risk in buying an iPad based on the wifi issue. If you get one and it has problems, then report it to Apple. And keep reporting it until the issue is resolved, or they give you a replacement that resolves it.

This could be anything from a software glitch, to a manufacturing/design defect. Apple has too much going for the iPad to let it go for long. I have more faith in Apple fixing this problem than Toyota fixing theirs.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok all.. I've decided to wait it out. I really want a date, but it's my own frustration and anger that would make me cancel it. At least I can come here and whine...ANd then yesterday...what happens??? I drop my iphone 3gs and the screen smashed. Phone still works like a charm - but the glass is smashed. 70 to repair it. ugh....ok I think - Ill just send it out, no phone for 3-4 days is ok...but what do I do??? Lose my Debit card...now I can't even send it out till I get a new debit card (dont use credit cards)....UGH!!! ok..now I'm asking for sympathy and pity....lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts