What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So.... I got back from my vacation trip, and my iPad was waiting for me in my studio.

I just downloaded the new iTunes, updated all apps, and I'm ready to open the box and get my baby going.

I had to wait -had a blast during my vacation, so it made up for the hipoipadsitis... But now I will experience what you guys experienced last week.

Wish me luck!

Bro, you are going to love it! I actually didn't open the fedex box until yesterday. Got it on Friday but had daddy duties so I waited until I could give my 3G the undivided attention it deserved. It is life changing awesome. Make sure you update the abc app to the new version so you can watch in 3G and landscape mode. Have fun!

Fisherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a question and I think this may be the place to ask it but if not then please feel free to re-direct me.

I got my 3G on Friday like everyone else and I must say it's pretty cool and that is coming from an old retired PC IT guy. Since I am so used to the way a PC operates it is a real learning experience for me to discover all the new ways of doing things on the iPad and that brings me to my question. I've found a way to do RDP that seems to work just fine but for those times when I don't need or can't get to my PC but yet still want to go out to some specific sites on the web does anyone know of a way to bring my "favorites" over from internet explorer? If I could do that then the iPad would be such a tool it might even get me away from the desktop. Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Sync your iPad to your computer and when iTunes starts, on the left click on your iPad name and you will see tabs. They will start with summary, info, apps, etc. click on info and move to the bottom and you will see Other. Click on the box next to "Sync bookmarks with", and chose Internet explorer. The very bottom of page to the right click on apply and it will sync your favorites to Safari. In Safari they are called Bookmarks instead of Favorites. Hope this it what you needed.

That's it!!! Thanks so much this is now really useable everywhere and it's fun too:):):):).

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Pen for IPAD

To David NM

I could not find the Thread where I talked about the pen that my husband and I purchased yesterday. But you asked if we found that we had to press harder to make contact? Yes, at times I do have to make sure the contact is with the very top of the point, not the side and that the key turns gray. Then I know it has contacted.

Thanks.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I've dropped mine already. :(

slight ding in the aluminum, forcing the rubber gasket to bulge.... and I see a speck of dust under the glass, now.

Buddhists have the right idea; get TOO attached to anything, and you're setting yourself up for unnecessary heartache.

I'm over it now, though.
Took a day.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let someone handle my iPad yesterday, in the case, and he nearly dropped it. Now no one but me will be allowed to pick it up off the table.

Celeste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No pending downloads in iTunes and all apps are updated. I got the iPad on release date and my iTunes was up to date with the the newest update. I have tried turning the iPad off and that didn't help.

It pops up randomly-- sometimes when I am on the home screen, sometimes in Safari, sometimes in an app, sometimes when I am browsing iTunes but not purchasing.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No pending downloads in iTunes and all apps are updated. I got the iPad on release date and my iTunes was up to date with the the newest update. I have tried turning the iPad off and that didn't help.

It pops up randomly-- sometimes when I am on the home screen, sometimes in Safari, sometimes in an app, sometimes when I am browsing iTunes but not purchasing.

I'll tell you just what it means.

Occasionally, an app developer will flub a bit of code (often on the app's icon), and it prevents the install from going properly. Consequently, the OS thinks you still need to rectify the DL.

Think back to when it first started, delete all apps you updated / DL'd since then, then reinstall em.

If it keeps happening, they haven't fixed the code yet.

Good luck!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more I use this thing, the more I love it. It does not replace my laptop for a lot of things, but it gives me a whole new world of ways to get things done. And the best part is when I take trips, it will really be handy.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more I use this thing, the more I love it. It does not replace my laptop for a lot of things, but it gives me a whole new world of ways to get things done. And the best part is when I take trips, it will really be handy.

I am about to find out how well the iPad can replace a laptop...

I am going on a road trip on Friday and I was planning on doing work while on the road.

But...someone at work spilled a pot of water on my macbook pro.

So i will see how well this thing works in leu of my Mac

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree. The more I like it! For example I'm currently waiting outside the DMV and I can surf the net while waiting!

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I've dropped mine already. :(

slight ding in the aluminum, forcing the rubber gasket to bulge.... and I see a speck of dust under the glass, now.

Buddhists have the right idea; get TOO attached to anything, and you're setting yourself up for unnecessary heartache.

I'm over it now, though.
Took a day.

I almost lost the contents of my stomach. Did you have it in a case?

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts