What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let my wife check it out last night. She is the ultimate "I do not care" when it comes to tech items. She would normally just take a 2-3 minute glance and then say something like "I don't see what the big deal is." She spent an hour with it and then said it was nice and she could see its potential. For her, that means she wants one soon. Be still my heart and my wallet.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who is really impressed with how good the 3G coverage is from AT&T? I'm getting fantastic signal strength even in my home. Much better than my palm pre from sprint. And wifi has been very strong and solid so far. I'm a very happy guy right about now!:D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do need some help ripping dvd's though. I use handbrake on my pc and The avatar DVD (not bluray version) came out terribly pixelated and at over 9GB's! I tried the appletv preset. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com
Now that I've had it for a few days, I'm still totally in awe of this new gadget. I've decided that I can go ahead and sell my MacBook (unless my daughter or grandson whine a whole lot first...) as I really don't need it anymore. I used the laptop mainly for on-the-road internet access, emails, approving proofs, etc. Using the laptop to show clients stuff was clumsy, and I have to admit much slower than the iPad. I haven't missed Flash at all on my iPhone and don't miss with the iPad either, so time to dump the MacBook!

Biggest surprise was related to public use. Initially I looked forward to taking it to meetings, coffee shop, etc., to show off but now I find it hard to actually get things done with all the oohs and ahhs, questions, "can I try it?" requests and such that now I'm looking for a nice, smaller carrying device to help keep it a bit more, . . . discreet, etc.

Maybe I can find a folio disguised as a MacBook???? :):D

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question, can u and if u can, how do u send a link in aol mail on ipad. Thanks for any help.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally took a picture of my coat and Paddy (as promised), but I could not figure out how to put it on this forum.
I did use the map app today, it is awesome!!!

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do need some help ripping dvd's though. I use handbrake on my pc and The avatar DVD (not bluray version) came out terribly pixelated and at over 9GB's! I tried the appletv preset. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Edlex, try this. I copied avatar with these settings. Copied as 9 g but image was flawless.

Follow the optimal settings to get excellent playback quality.
Video:
Codec: h264
Size: 640*480
Bitrate: 2500kbps
Frame rate: 30fps
Audio:
Codec: aac
Sample rate: 48khz
Bitrate: 160kbps
Channels: Stereo

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm in line at a grocery store - not paying a lot of attention to what's going on - about 4th back with a half full cart of groceries.

I open my iPad and open up the Popular Science May edition - start scrolling through articles and up and down reading. This bagger (I guess) - general grocery store employee - early 20th is my guess - walk up behind and to the side of me. I can hear him say (in a very soft voice) "mother of god - that is an iPad". He looks at it if he's found the holy grail. I let him play for a minute or so - he was dumbstruck!

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
funny!... (I have not even taken mine out of the house yet... maybe this week)

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is bad for sleep! Too easy to pick it up from the side of my bed and check one more web site or look at email or check my crops in We Rule.

Random thoughts:

I am finding myself using iPad as a notepad in meetings and emailing the results to myself for storage in one note on my pc. I love playing Dungon Hunter and Plants vs. Zombies. I am waiting patiently for my Vaja case to come. Should be within a week or so. I have not put a screen cover oni yet - still not sure what to do there. Mostly just want it for finger print prevention.

I am having trouble getting used to iPad capitalizing the first letter of sentences for me. Is there a way to turn that off? Also, wish there were arrow keys on the keyboard so i can move through text easier.

Anyway, so very very happy with my iPad and am very glad to Hear that you guys are happy too. It was SO worth the wait!

-Greg

Last edited:

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is bad for sleep! Too easy to pick it up from the side of my bed and check one more web site or look at email or check my crops in We Rule.

Random thoughts:

I am finding myself using iPad as a notepad in meetings and emailing the results to myself for storage in one note on my pc. I love playing Dungon Hunter and Plants vs. Zombies. I am waiting patiently for my Vaja case to come. Should be within a week or so. I have not put a screen cover oni yet - still not sure what to do there. Mostly just want it for finger print prevention.

I am having trouble getting used to iPad capitalizing the first letter of sentences for me. Is there a way to turn that off? Also, wish there were arrow keys on the keyboard so i can move
Anyway, so very very happy with my iPad and am very glad to Hear that you guys are happy too. It was SO worth the wait!

-Greg

Greg,

You can turn off capitalize in settings - general - keyboard - auto-capitalization

I also found that you can turn on caps lock on this same screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions