What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the scenario:
I ordered 2, 3g's arriving here hopefully Friday mid-day. I'm surprising my wife with one for no special occasion other than why not.
I have a great dinner planned at home, even champagne and candle light.
It will be a fun surprise!
My problem is, should I open mine when it arrives (she'll be at work all day) and set it up and play with it, or should I keep it packaged (with LOTS of will power) and wait until I surprise her, and we both will enjoy the same experience of excitement at the same time?
I do have will power, but damn, I've been pre-ordered for 6 weeks and have been going crazy waiting like all of us....
What to do...:)

Who ARE you and are there more like you?! Lol!

I say you open them both and install a romantic song on hers that is playing when you give it to her. Get the wifi and 3G all set up and get logged into the iTunes store so she can start buying right away. This way you can play all day long and still score major points for being incredibly romantic - a win/win!

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes! :D

I agree! ... open both & set them up... add some nice apps & a little $ itunes account for her... have fun!!

I agree. That is a wonderful idea. With the dinner, champagne and hers all set up, you will be rewarded later. ;)

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember my Commodore 64! If I remember correctly, there wasn't much I could actually do with it!

How about a Vic20

I had to go over to Wikipedia for that one!

Commodore VIC-20

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Commodore VIC-20 TypeHome computerRelease date1980 (VIC-1001) / 1981Discontinued1985Operating systemCommodore BASIC 2.0CPUMOS Technology 6502 @ 1.108404 MHz (PAL) [1] @ 1.02 MHz (NTSC)Memory5 KB - 64 KBGraphicsVIC 176 x 184 3-bppSound3x square, 1x noise, mono.[2]PredecessorCommodore CBM-IISuccessorCommodore 64The VIC-20 (Germany: VC-20; Japan: VIC-1001) is an 8-bit home computer which was sold by Commodore Business Machines. The VIC-20 was announced in 1980,[3] roughly three years after Commodore's first personal computer, the PET. The VIC-20 was the first computer of any description to sell one million units.

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swear to God, I saw a fat guy in a red suit heading down out of the North sky with a huge bag of ipads slung over his shoulder. Heading straight for my house! For real!

Oh man! I want some of what you are drinking! :D

I BELIEVE!!!! I think he was on THE POLAR EXPRESS headed for South Georgia!
Listen for the BELL!!!!! It may be the FedEx delivery person ringing your doorbell, but after our long wait it should make you BELIEVE!

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember my Commodore 64! If I remember correctly, there wasn't much I could actually do with it!

How about a Vic20

I had to go over to Wikipedia for that one!

Commodore VIC-20

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Commodore VIC-20 TypeHome computerRelease date1980 (VIC-1001) / 1981Discontinued1985Operating systemCommodore BASIC 2.0CPUMOS Technology 6502 @ 1.108404 MHz (PAL) [1] @ 1.02 MHz (NTSC)Memory5 KB - 64 KBGraphicsVIC 176 x 184 3-bppSound3x square, 1x noise, mono.[2]PredecessorCommodore CBM-IISuccessorCommodore 64The VIC-20 (Germany: VC-20; Japan: VIC-1001) is an 8-bit home computer which was sold by Commodore Business Machines. The VIC-20 was announced in 1980,[3] roughly three years after Commodore's first personal computer, the PET. The VIC-20 was the first computer of any description to sell one million units.

I don't even remember that one. Did it have a screen?

e430doug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve are you reading this

I live in Cupertino and can see the Apple headquarters from my house. So Steve if you're reading this forum could you just walk my ipad over to my house. It would save everyone involved a lot of work.

I promise I'll return the one I get from Fedex to you tomorrow.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both units in the air. After a credit hold was released, I now have a new credit authorization on my credit card. I would bet the funds are gone by tomorrow.

Good night everyone - the fat man in the red suit shows up tomorrow!

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I saw on some other sites, pictures of people's iPads they got a day early, did any members on iPadForums get theirs a day early?

iPad 3G arrives a day early links to MacRumors.com

I hadn't seen any one commenting on any of the active topics, so I'm assuming no.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Vic 20 connected to your TV, but did not work well with all of them. You did not have the programs on the computer. If you did not program it to do small functions, you would take a cassette and insert it into a reader that attached to it. You could then do accounting, games and other things one at a time. Once the cassette was removed, so was the program. They did have some cool games that you could play. The cassettes were stored in a book that opened up and had eight on each side. I do not think there was any way to print from the Vic 20.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipment Dates

Ship date
helpIcon.gif

Apr 29, 2010

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Apr 30, 2010 by 3:00 PM

Destination

San Antonio, TX

ugh i got a nice wait tomorrow

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com
Vic 20... C64
Nah. I'm English (although live in California nowadays).
Sinclair ZX80, ZX81, Spectrum... they were the days.
You were either a Commodore person or a Sinclair person
(Sort of the equivalent of PC vs Apple ... LOL)

Then onto Amstrad CPC128
And then started our own PC Company, building twin floppy (5 1/4") 8088 and 8086 computers... and when we got real fancy - adding 10MB Hard Drives. WordPerfect 5.0 and Lotus 1-2-3, dBase IV...
Isn't it amazing... the power we have today compared to just 20+ years ago...
And tomorrow - I'll hold in one hand incredible technology.

But if you REALLY think about it - the stuff I mention above - in it's time was just as incredible and just as inventive, without any of that - we'd not have this.

TTFN
askbaby

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a dog. No way are you going to miss a Fed Ex delivery with a dog.
Hmmm, your delivery drivers must be nicer then mine. If they even see my dog, they don't even bother walking up the driveway. They just hop back in the truck and get on down the road.

Last edited:

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be excited to see what these look like. Everyones shipping weight says 1 lb - so maybe we're getting the newer 'helium filled' weightless version?

NOt sure where the 1 pound comes in. Mine says 7 pounds (ordered 2)

Service type
Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
helpIcon.gif

Weight
7.0 lbs/3.2 kg

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had those automated notification calls from FedEx on previous shipments, but not this one. Like any of us wouldn't be aware of an incoming iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions