What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

davere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The tracking website didn't show "picked up" until noon. And once it did, it said that it had happened at 6 am, so it looks like it's running considerably behind.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep fed ex is slow at updating, mine is saying picked up this morning, but took awhile to update that.

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too, am tracking a 4lb shipment. My guess is that everything in this area would go into Tallahassee, Fl next and then get trucked into Georgia and go out on the truck for delivery here in South Georgia in the morning. Just a guess.

BTW I think the Engadget post is another photoshop attempt at stirring the pot!

pr 29, 2010 11:00 AM
Left FedEx origin facility
MOUNT JULIET, TNApr 29, 2010 6:00 AMPicked upNASHVILLE, TNApr 29, 2010 4:14 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just notified that mine is in transit from Middleton, PA due here tomorrow by 3:00pm.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too, am tracking a 4lb shipment....

BTW I think the Engaget post is another photoshop attempt at stirring the pot!

Hmm, obviously the gravitational field is stronger in the East!

Agree on the Engadget, photo looks wrong to me. Could easily do that with perspective tools and the Apple images. Why are there only the default apps on the photo? There was also a guy on "Padgadget" claiming to have delivery. Those annoying folks probably do not even have one ordered....

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that a great deal of care was exercised to insure that these orders were not delivered before the official date. Might there have been a slipup? Sure, I guess...but I too am skeptical of those claims. Hey, we had a member who swore on the grave of Margaret Mitchell that hers was being delivered sometime last week....and I bought into it!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx on Target for Atlanta

FedEx will have the 3G iPads for N GA in Atlanta around 7PM EDT. They were shipped via truck from Nashville TN.

My FedEx normal Friday delivery should be around 10 - 10:30 AM

Last edited:

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score

FedEx will have the 3G iPads for N GA in Atlanta around 7PM EDT. They were shipped via truck from Nashville TN.

My FedEx delivery should be around 10 - 10:30 AM

Well darn. I live in Chattanooga, and I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Maybe not enough people here ordered one to have fedex stop the truck here along the way. Mine still says prepared for shipment.

Edit: never mind, got my confirmation literally while I was typing that post. Sweet!

Last edited:

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine was picked up in Nashville at 06:00 a.m. If they are trucking them here they should arrive about 10 p.m.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has gone from Middletown Pa. to Newark N.J. getting closer. How exciting! :D

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received another email from Apple. In clicking on the tracking info in the email I found that my "baby" has moved from Middletown, PA to Newark, NJ.

YIPPEEEE!

Mine is still sitting in Middletown, Pa and I am in N Va to, wonder when it will move?

It may have moved and you just don't know it yet. Check the tracking on your Apple email. I never did hear anything from FedEx.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well darn. I live in Chattanooga, and I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Maybe not enough people here ordered one to have fedex stop the truck here along the way. Mine still says prepared for shipment.

Edit: never mind, got my confirmation literally while I was typing that post. Sweet!

The way it works is they load the truck until it is full and then close it out. It leaves a couple of hours later. You get a complete truck load of freight from Nashville to Chattanooga (4.5 hour drive), they may break the freight down there and reship to smaller cities on pups. I imagine Chattanooga is a 24 hour operation for FedEx so this goes on round the clock there.

macmaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well mine too reach Newark and i called Fedex and request them to hold my pack at their dist center as I leave very early and get back after 4 pm. and to my surprise she put me on hold and then told me "sir your package will be on hold for pickup any time after 9 am"
so I think I can say I will have my puppy on my hand right at 9 am lol.........
ps: i have used wifi one for 2 weeks and then return it for 3g and did not pay any restocking fee....... i should say like Steve Job "in that kool"..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts