What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 minute later.....SHIPPED !!!!@!! Arrive by 4:30 PM tomorrow.....wtf am I going to do till 4:30 tomorrow? Clean? Watch TV?? no........obsess..........YES!!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 minute later.....SHIPPED !!!!@!! Arrive by 4:30 PM tomorrow.....wtf am I going to do till 4:30 tomorrow? Clean? Watch TV?? no........obsess..........YES!!

Oh great, dina. Now I have to go back to checking the status every minute. I'll be sounding like Rain Man before long:)

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh great, dina. Now I have to go back to checking the status every minute. I'll be sounding like Rain Man before long:)

fig - i just kept refreshing and it popped right up!!! yay!

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
shipped. due by 3 pm tomorrow.

now to pass the ipad wifi off to the wife and truly go mobile.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my shipment notice @ 3:17 am. "By 3 pm"? Ohmygoed! I will be on the other side of the state then! It looks like I will have to get ahold of FedEX and see if I can make arrangements. Otherwise, I will have to wait until Saturday. Aaaaaaaagh!

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx usually delivers to my neighborhood in the mid-morning hours. I don't think that the iPad deliveries will slow them down much, at least around here. I might just print out that shippers signature release anyway, just in case.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
progress_initiated_ltr.gif

Initiated
Picked up
In transit
Delivered

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

I use one on my Storm 2 and one big thing that it helped with is finger prints. My screen was a finger print magnet prior to adding the invisishield and now it hardly shows fingerprints at all. For that alone it might be worth while. My plan is to give it a try and see what I think. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide to rip it off and end up having wasted $35 or so. Also, I will have the guy in the mall install it - that is key cuz I hate trying to get the @#$# things to go on right!

-Greg

That's a good point Greg. fortunately, for me, I have dry calused hands...so fingerprints are less a problem for me. but for dana, that is a consideration I did not address which may be relevant to you.

on a side note, I noticed invisible shields actually absorb oils. I had one on my macbook pro for the palms and trackpad. the damn thing turned a disgusting brown from months and months of resting my palms on it. I also tried an experiment; I drew on it with a gel pen - which is oil based; the ink wiped away leaving brown oils in the shield in the shape of the drawing. so evidently, the polymer is not oleophobic, but oleophilic (oil-liking). which explains why fingerprints don't show up on it - it just absorbs the oils from your fingerprints. I also have not found a solvent or surfactant that will take the oils out (I am a chemist) and I have found even mild solvents such as MEOH will damage the shield. just an observation I though might be interesting for you

Thank you for the points. I think that I will leave it off. Prints have not been a big issue on my WiFi so far.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use one on my Storm 2 and one big thing that it helped with is finger prints. My screen was a finger print magnet prior to adding the invisishield and now it hardly shows fingerprints at all. For that alone it might be worth while. My plan is to give it a try and see what I think. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide to rip it off and end up having wasted $35 or so. Also, I will have the guy in the mall install it - that is key cuz I hate trying to get the @#$# things to go on right!

-Greg

get a life bro....
you must be a freaking window user....
read!!!!
ipad has one of the most sophisticated screen design.
it does not scratch that easily.
and please do not use a screen protector, but all the screen protector and put it on storm or on junky window pc
yo do not need anything on pad or iphone

Hi there, I am a "freaking windows user" and in fact have been for 20+ years, oh and also a Windows Mobile User (HTC fan as well).
What is really funny is that the iPad will actually be my first ever Apple Product as I am completely happy with my PC Laptops and my HTC Mobile Devices, but I find the iPad a most exciting product.
I have complete respect for the posters on the site, in fact one of the purposes of this forum is to ask and receive advice. There is no real place for people to be flamed - especially for no apparent reason, and please be aware that "freaking windows" users are here too...
Have a nice day!
askbaby

Askbaby: I totally agree. I have been a PC user for almost 30 years. Before I heard of Apple. Don't put me down because of it. I am not sure who has the inferiority complex here, but get over it! It is rude, insensitive, and ignorant!

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com
I'd been going back and forth on the screen protector but after I read a thread about some guy scratching his screen I freaked and ordered the sgp anti fingerprint protector. It's a dry protector so I figure if I don't like it I can just take it off. I am waiting to see what otterbox comes up with. I'd like to get one for the beach or park days with the kids.

Here's an item from MacWorld regarding protectors. Many comments as well.

Apple Stores purging screen protection? | Accessories | iPhone Central | Macworld

I personally avoid them, mainly because I can never get rid of that ONE last bubble!!!!

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These guys:

Power Support USA - Apple Accessories, iPhone Accessories, iPod Accessories, Touchscreen Protective Films

...are the ones that Apple carried in the stores (green package) for iPhone / iPod Touch, and I have to admit that they were the JOINT! I tried a different brand, and the colors on the screen got really... granulated. I don't know how else to put it.

These babies, on the other hand, work beautifully. I have one on my iPhone and I love it. It's just a question of careful, dust-free application.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checking status, I can't tell you how many time today--no change, still "PFS". In NJ

Sounds like a personals ad in the back of the Voice; "PFS in NJ seeeking S-FE to deliver the goods! Serious inquiries only".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts