What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just sit tight...if you got the email from apple earlier this week it should ship today. I ordered on April 1st, so they obviously aren't going in order.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping info posted by Fed Ex for my 3G that shipped.

For those waiting for 10 am delivery unfortunately FORGET IT. Mine says for delivery by 3 PM via standard overnight. I guess that is what "Priority Shipping" has translated to for Fed Ex and Apple.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd been going back and forth on the screen protector but after I read a thread about some guy scratching his screen I freaked and ordered the sgp anti fingerprint protector. It's a dry protector so I figure if I don't like it I can just take it off. I am waiting to see what otterbox comes up with. I'd like to get one for the beach or park days with the kids.

I'm with you Edlex, I keep going back and forth about the screen protector. I guess I will use it for awhile and then decide.

I really like the Otterbox for the iPhone, but they haven't come out yet for the iPad. I don't understand the hold up, the iPad's been out for a month :)

Just checked my order status, and it still say's PFS :( I'm sure it will change soon!

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score

For those waiting for 10 am delivery unfortunately FORGET IT. Mine says for delivery by 3 PM via standard overnight. I guess that is what "Priority Shipping" has translated to for Fed Ex and Apple.

Could the 3pm timing be related to specific locations? I guess it’s near impossible for FEDEX to be omnipresent, so even the 10am delivery may just be 1pm or later in real terms bummer:(

Still PFS... double bummer!!1

cctiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd been going back and forth on the screen protector but after I read a thread about some guy scratching his screen I freaked and ordered the sgp anti fingerprint protector. It's a dry protector so I figure if I don't like it I can just take it off. I am waiting to see what otterbox comes up with. I'd like to get one for the beach or park days with the kids.

I'm with you Edlex, I keep going back and forth about the screen protector. I guess I will use it for awhile and then decide.

I really like the Otterbox for the iPhone, but they haven't come out yet for the iPad. I don't understand the hold up, the iPad's been out for a month :)

Just checked my order status, and it still say's PFS :( I'm sure it will change soon!

I guess it depends on how rough you think you will handle you Ipad (gee that just sounds bad). I have had my Iphone for nearly two years and it is still in great shape. I have freinds that have gone through two or three phones because they handle it roughly. One guy keeps putting it in his back pocket. Not much chance of that with the Ipad, unless your really big:)

Gmunford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items has shipped."

As of 6:29 this morning.

So nervous I deleted the damned email (read it on i-phone) before I read it. But quickly recovered.
Will arrive tomorrow as promised.

Thanks for company everyone.

cctiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Could the 3pm timing be related to specific locations? I guess it’s near impossible for FEDEX to be omnipresent, so even the 10am delivery may just be 1pm or later in real terms bummer:(

Still PFS... double bummer!!1

I would think Standard Overnight will be the rule for everyone. I think the shipping was free for most everyone so Apple is going to save money where it can and still fulfill its promise. Just good business

vknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"You have been sent a shipment from the Apple Store!"

Mine is on the way... Delivers 30 April!!

I am guessing the rest of you are getting the same message this morning.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my shipped notification for my wife's 3G which was ordered on April 18 but my 3G still shows PFS. Mine was ordered on Mar 12. Hope to see notification for mine soon are I will go crazy. :(

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woke up, checked email, YAY!!!! Shipping notification! I am so happy as I'm sure u all are. Tomorrow should be a fun day :D

DFoster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FEDEX says my 3G iPad may come TODAY...

Anticipated ship date Apr 28, 2010
Estimated delivery Apr 29, 2010 by 4:30 PM

Can I believe this? It's hard to hear delivery at my house and I'd hate camping out on the porch all day long for no reason.

Really excited but uncertain... I sort of think that the stress should be on "estimated" here and that this will likely come on Friday instead, even if I did order it in the first minute or so.

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anticipated ship date Apr 28, 2010
Estimated delivery Apr 29, 2010 by 4:30 PM

Can I believe this? It's hard to hear delivery at my house and I'd hate camping out on the porch all day long for no reason.

Really excited but uncertain... I sort of think that the stress should be on "estimated" here and that this will likely come on Friday instead, even if I did order it in the first minute or so.

It should tell you when it's "Out for Delivery" or whatever on the tracking website. I'd just check that every hour or so and when you see that, then start camping your porch.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just realized after I read yours DFoster, mine says the same thing! Do u think they could come today? Only mine says bye 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts