What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone ever answer whether the screen cover (whatever it is called) actually protects the screen and whether it will reduce the touch to the screen?

Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

I use one on my Storm 2 and one big thing that it helped with is finger prints. My screen was a finger print magnet prior to adding the invisishield and now it hardly shows fingerprints at all. For that alone it might be worth while. My plan is to give it a try and see what I think. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide to rip it off and end up having wasted $35 or so. Also, I will have the guy in the mall install it - that is key cuz I hate trying to get the @#$# things to go on right!

-Greg

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new member here--have been reading posts over the last week or so, but decided to join the fun for The Big Day! Ordered my 3G on 3/31, prepared for shipment....just waiting for tracking info like the rest of you!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome aboard YankeeGal! There have been a ton of new folks joining over the past week or two. One more full iPadless day, eh!

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome aboard YankeeGal! There have been a ton of new folks joining over the past week or two. One more full iPadless day, eh!

JUST one more full iPadless day. Ahhhh.....

(and thanks for the welcome!)

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post just rubs me wrong.... We are all friend's here and this dude certainly did not deserve a reply like that.
get a life bro....
you must be a freaking window user....
read!!!!
ipad has one of the most sophisticated screen design.
it does not scratch that easily.
and please do not use a screen protector, but all the screen protector and put it on storm or on junky window pc
yo do not need anything on pad or iphone

Mike96734

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post just rubs me wrong.... We are all friend's here and this dude certainly did not deserve a reply like that.
get a life bro....
read!!!!
and please do not use a screen protector, but all the screen protector and put it on storm or on junky window pc

Agree. (with takenover83)

edited for clarity.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone ever answer whether the screen cover (whatever it is called) actually protects the screen and whether it will reduce the touch to the screen?

Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

I use one on my Storm 2 and one big thing that it helped with is finger prints. My screen was a finger print magnet prior to adding the invisishield and now it hardly shows fingerprints at all. For that alone it might be worth while. My plan is to give it a try and see what I think. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide to rip it off and end up having wasted $35 or so. Also, I will have the guy in the mall install it - that is key cuz I hate trying to get the @#$# things to go on right!

-Greg

That's a good point Greg. fortunately, for me, I have dry calused hands...so fingerprints are less a problem for me. but for dana, that is a consideration I did not address which may be relevant to you.

on a side note, I noticed invisible shields actually absorb oils. I had one on my macbook pro for the palms and trackpad. the damn thing turned a disgusting brown from months and months of resting my palms on it. I also tried an experiment; I drew on it with a gel pen - which is oil based; the ink wiped away leaving brown oils in the shield in the shape of the drawing. so evidently, the polymer is not oleophobic, but oleophilic (oil-liking). which explains why fingerprints don't show up on it - it just absorbs the oils from your fingerprints. I also have not found a solvent or surfactant that will take the oils out (I am a chemist) and I have found even mild solvents such as MEOH will damage the shield. just an observation I though might be interesting for you

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
get a life bro....
read!!!!

I agree. totaly uncalled for.

Macmaniac - people like you are the reason people hate apple fans. there is no need for pretentious remarks among family

and about the screen...it is still glass and regardless of how high-tech it is, glass will still scratch. so as long as you treat it as such you will be fine. (watch the diamonds ladies)

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com

-Greg

get a life bro....
read!!!!

Hi there, I am a "freaking windows user" and in fact have been for 20+ years, oh and also a Windows Mobile User (HTC fan as well).
What is really funny is that the iPad will actually be my first ever Apple Product as I am completely happy with my PC Laptops and my HTC Mobile Devices, but I find the iPad a most exciting product.
I have complete respect for the posters on the site, in fact one of the purposes of this forum is to ask and receive advice. There is no real place for people to be flamed - especially for no apparent reason, and please be aware that "freaking windows" users are here too...
Have a nice day!
askbaby

iPadawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's after 12:00am here, and I just realized that I can start telling everyone that "I get my iPad TOMORROW!" :D

Here's to all of us! May our wait be short, and our battery life long!

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-Greg

Well get one if you want it for privacy.. but as protection goes.. i guess enuff been said... NOW.. where is that darn shipping ref. just checked and its still PFS.. when oh when.... 2am and am still up..

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my shipping notification. Arrive by APril 30th.
Shipped
Shipped on: Apr 29, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
Tracking #: 453123821XXX (Pre-sign for this shipment)
Product / Part No.
Unit Price

Qty

Ext. Price
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 64GB-USA
MC497LL/A

$829.00

$829.00

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd been going back and forth on the screen protector but after I read a thread about some guy scratching his screen I freaked and ordered the sgp anti fingerprint protector. It's a dry protector so I figure if I don't like it I can just take it off. I am waiting to see what otterbox comes up with. I'd like to get one for the beach or park days with the kids.

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my shipping notification. Arrive by APril 30th.
Shipped
Shipped on: Apr 29, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
Tracking #: 4531238214XX (Pre-sign for this shipment)
Product / Part No.
Unit Price

Qty

Ext. Price
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 64GB-USA
MC497LL/A

$829.00

$829.00

Very cool! And I'm glad we can presign as well. Just a matter of time now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts