What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I cant call in sick but I do get to use my apple business account to have my apple leeason' buy the unite for me at the store and charge it to my apple business card and I can send my secretary in for it.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email doesn't say it will deliver by April 30th, just ship by late April:

Well... April 30th is about as "late April" as it gets, right?

Chill. ;) You be gettin' it on Friday.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone ever answer whether the screen cover (whatever it is called) actually protects the screen and whether it will reduce the touch to the screen?

I am not big on the screen protectors. They must detract from the visual. At least a little bit. Not gonna keep it from being scratched or broken. :confused:

Just wash your freaking hands and rock on.

:D:D:D:D

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.S.

No picking the nose while iPadding.

Picking the nose while iPadding = BAD iPadder.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the Zagg on my cameras, iphone and put one on my 32GB WiFi iPad. Absolutely no difference in touch sensitivity. I have one ready to go on my 64GB WiFi +3G on Friday. IMHO, it's the best product out there. Zero effect on visual except that it does cut down ever so slightly on glare outside. Not much, but a little.

Last edited:

Phantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.branwenconcepts.com
Just got off the phone with apple store and talked to vera. She is a supervisor and she informed me that you will all probably see charges on your card sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I asked her about everybody else who said they claimed they received shipment notices with FedEx emails from this forum.

She said that this was not true and nothing has been released as of yet. Also that the iPads 3G were at staging shipment area's here in the USA. They are keeping there fingers crossed that the people who received the email notices early this week. And ordered early last month will receive their iPads on the 30th of April.

Also if anybody saw the debit hold on their statements that were now removed. That this would not be an issue since they will be debited at time of shipping. I placed this call at 22:00 EST.

Hope this help everyone who has questions.:)

Last edited:

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with apple store and talked to vera. She is a supervisor and she informed me that you will all probably see charges on your card sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I asked her about everybody else who said they claimed they received shipment notices with FedEx emails from this forum.

She said that this was not true and nothing has been released as of yet. Also that the iPads 3G were at staging shipment area's here in the USA. They are keeping there fingers crossed that the people who received the email notices early this week. And ordered early last month will receive their iPads on the 30th of April.

Also if anybody saw the debit hold on their statements that were now removed. That this would not be an issue since they will be debited at time of shipping. I placed this call at 10:00 EST.

Thanks Phantom!

cctiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This makes sense

Also if anybody saw the debit hold on their statements that were now removed. That this would not be an issue since they will be debited at time of shipping. I placed this call at 22:00 EST.

That makes a lot of sense. I was talking to some UPS representatives in my office yesterday (I do the shipping for my company) and he was talking about how they held back the WiFi unit till Apple released them for a Saturday shipment. Problem is will any of us still be sane by the time it ships?

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone ever answer whether the screen cover (whatever it is called) actually protects the screen and whether it will reduce the touch to the screen?

Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

I have a beautiful brown leather (buffalo hide) case. But it also came with a protective screen. But I wasn't sure that I wanted to put it on the 3G. But thanks.

So far, I have not had any problems with my WiFi. After all, how hard does a person tap the screen?

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Great intel Phantom. Thanks for the post.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm naming my next pet Vera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions