What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we are irritated knowing that the iPads are here in the US and that there is no good reason for Apple to not simply deliver them. At least I know that I am irritated.

There was a similar issue with the Apple II GS that caused me to swear off Apple products for a decade. :mad:

I guess I just don't understand the frustration...

You have sufficient disposable income in today's environment to buy a luxury toy like an Ipad...relax.

In a few days you will be ipadding your butt off. ;)

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we are irritated knowing that the iPads are here in the US and that there is no good reason for Apple to not simply deliver them. At least I know that I am irritated.

There was a similar issue with the Apple II GS that caused me to swear off Apple products for a decade. :mad:

You know - I can feel what you're feeling. But I think at this point I'm just glad they're not in China being held up by an Alaskan Volcano or a continental Fed-Ex work slowdown.

My main concern is that lack of any kind of firm date by Apple - even to this day our orders still say 'late April' and don't promise any kind of specific delivery date.

My hope is that we find out that some major improvements have been made in the units and that is the main reason for this ridiculous time frame.

Irregardless we only have 3 iPadless days left on this planet before all is right with with the world.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question: Which 3G plan are you going to go with first? I'm going to go with the $30 unlimited plan for at least the first month and see how much I use (hopefully I will be able to tell). I was going to go with the $15/256MB plan, but then I re-read the deal. If you are approaching your limit, you have a choice of paying $15 for 256MB or $30 for unlimited, so if I went with the 256MB and used it up, I might use up another 256MB before the end of the month, and have to add more. Did anyone else notice that?

I read it that you can sign up for the $15/256mb a month plan and then if you use that up early you can start a new $15/256mb or a $30/unlimited plan and the month would start over. At least that would be the fair way to do it. Now that I think about it I'm not sure they ever said that explicitly. It would be pretty lame to use up your 256mb 2 days early and then only have 2 days to use whatever you purchase next. I can't see that flying.

I plan to start with the $15/mo plan and see what my usage is. I also plan to only buy when I need it. After the first month expires I will not buy another month until I need to get online with 3G. It will be very interesting to see what our usage patterns will be.

-Greg

Last edited:

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that 8 track in the palm of your hand? Cool, I had an old 4 track Tascam recorded to cassettes many moons ago. You may want to check out Ben Vaughn's "Rambler '65" recorded in a car. But on topic, what music software specifically is good for the iPad? :)

Oh, and by the way... Yes, it's a Tascam 8-track that's about the size of a paperback. I've read some good reviews. I also had a Tascam Portastudio (720?) back in the early 90's. The reviews for this one say that Tascam kept the basic layout the same on this one (DP-008), so users of older Tascam multitracks should feel just like they're working W/ their old Portastudio. Good enough for me! I LOVED that thing.

I grabbed one one eBay in anticipation of Friday's 3G release. I'll have it on Wednesday.

I remember when I started out with TASCAM Portastudio 4 track then 8 track and eventually went crazy and went all out with 2 pairs of DA-88's to make a 16 tracks. I was once a Tascam fanboy one point in my life. My Dat and 16x8 mixer was a Tascam. Damn, I was broke after that. It was fun though and I love recording production then. I still do but that is currently in a back burner for now.

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com
Aagghh, Can't wait any longer etc etc etc...
I feel the pain of all of you, but realistically Apple won't can't move any earlier. We'll all get them on Friday, it doesn't matter if they are already in the USA... they cannot be in the hands of a customer any earlier than Friday... basically it would be a nightmare for Apple - they must co-ordinate shipped and store launches to be the exact same day.
Likewise all your credit cards... they are authorized and - like any other online order - they can only charge you when it ships (well that is unless they were going to be like some cheapo rip-off company!)
Try not to panic - if they really are in the USA - then they'll ship on Thursday for Overnight Delivery.
Stay calm.

One thing - really the ONLY thing to annoy me on this forum is that people are advertising their product... it does NOT matter if it's free or paid for... you should not advertise your product on a free forum... if you want to push your product - contact the website moderator and advertise. Count your lucky stars that you've not been told off by the moderator!

Can't wait for FRIDAY!
askbaby...

Orcapal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You know - I can feel what you're feeling. But I think at this point I'm just glad they're not in China being held up by an Alaskan Volcano or a continental Fed-Ex work slowdown.

My main concern is that lack of any kind of firm date by Apple - even to this day our orders still say 'late April' and don't promise any kind of specific delivery date.

My hope is that we find out that some major improvements have been made in the units and that is the main reason for this ridiculous time frame.

Irregardless we only have 3 iPadless days left on this planet before all is right with with the world.

No, all is not right with the world. The iPads will be delivered by April 30, as we were told. The problem(!) is they they are deliberately delaying your shipment because Steve Jobs wants it that way.

Want to make immense amounts of money? Short Apple on the day you think Steve will pass away. His reality distortion field is the wind beneath Apple's wings.

Steve Jobs orchestrates wizards. Woz was the original wizard behind Apple. Steve Jobs never had an original idea in his life but he has an uncanny ability to sniff out and amplify the best ideas of others.

Us consumers are not on his radar at all.

Orcapal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the pain of all of you, but realistically Apple won't can't move any earlier. We'll all get them on Friday, it doesn't matter if they are already in the USA... they cannot be in the hands of a customer any earlier than Friday... basically it would be a nightmare for Apple - they must co-ordinate shipped and store launches to be the exact same day.

Typical Fanbois post. :rolleyes: We will get them on Friday, but it has nothing to do with anything you posted. There is no need for Apple to coordinate anything. Apple can create an iPad, but you suggest they are flummoxed by the procedures FedEx uses for millions of parcels, every day?

You could have have your 3G today, if Steve hadn't decreed otherwise.

zeiglepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though Jobs has the power to set the date, I doubt it's arbitrary.
There must be some rational reason why they are waiting till the end of April. Maybe something to do with giving AT&T time to set up the 3g plan? Who knows...

lawdood

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Typical Fanbois post. :rolleyes: We will get them on Friday, but it has nothing to do with anything you posted. There is no need for Apple to coordinate anything. Apple can create an iPad, but you suggest they are flummoxed by the procedures FedEx uses for millions of parcels, every day?

You could have have your 3G today, if Steve hadn't decreed otherwise.

Almost EVERY product has a release/ launch date and often those products are sitting in the back rooms of stores for WEEKS before they're released. It's standard business practice to release new products on the same day.

Amazon had my Avatar Blu-Ray in their warehouse for days if not weeks before it was released, they COULD have shipped it earlier but it had a release day, so it was shipped just in time to make that date.

You can blame Jobs all you want, but Apple is simply following standard business practice with the 3g launch. We're all impatient to get one in our hands but the launch date is the launch date. Call other people "fanbois' but you're the one who comes across as uninformed about standard product launches and releases for ALL major companies.

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This wait is turning me into a crazed sleepless manaic.. here i am up at 2am checking my order status and voila.. No change.. Steve is really cutting close & keeping it close to heart.. Wonder if it has anything to do with a "lost iphone"

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be some rational reason why they are waiting till the end of April. Maybe something to do with giving AT&T time to set up the 3g plan? Who knows...

Spot on.... Like it or not... APPLE has to make a profit, it’s just great they make a profit and make GREAT products as well. But what make great products also need the proper marketing, support structures and innovative processes around it.. Like or loathe Steve.. you must give it to the guy.. he has done what’s best for APPLEC…you don’t lead billion dollar organizations by following or being Mr. Nice.. you do it by leading and being Mr. tough-smarts can’t wait for Friday and for us all in the end..
Going crazy waiting for Friday.. but wait I have to. :D

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I guess I just don't understand the frustration...

You have sufficient disposable income in today's environment to buy a luxury toy like an Ipad...relax.

In a few days you will be ipadding your butt off. ;)

For some of us, this is NOT just a luxury toy...

for me, it's a tool;

I only wish I had this while I was working on my Biochemistry degree. you could only imagine how usefull searchable textbooks are when you are trying to study for an exam and all you want to do is find the function of protien "X" is without re-reading the damn book again. I know digital books already exist, but the books I need are rarely in digital formats and are never affordable. the ipad is pushing this revolution, and will thus be a valuable tool for consuming textbooks. (for use in my PhD)

I am rebuilding my 87' toyota truck from the ground up. completely custom engine, exterior, and interior. (I cant afford a newer truck, so I am building my own to suit) In the interior, all gauges (except the analog speedo) have been minimized or eliminated such that the ipad, through the use of a wifi obdII connector, will become the instrument cluster. presiding in the middle of my wood and alluminum dash, the ipad 3G will be the command center of my re-newed truck. thus, a valuable tool in monitoring my vehicle (I have a few custom sensors and devices as well)

with the preponderance of note-taking apps, this will be a valuable tool in optimizing my note-taking experience, as well as providing legibility to my current caveman scratches.

in the lab, the excellent dictation apps will allow much better experiment and method recording for insertion into notebook at the end of the day. rather than trying to write it up hastily during the experiment, or at the end of the day when details are fuzzy. (also the legibility thing...)

with the lack of multitasking, this will be a valuable tool in forcing dedicated attention. Theoretically, increasing productivity and quality.

but I digress...it is not safe to assume this is simply another new toy we are all impatient to play with. I have plans, lots of productive plans. (but I am not going to lie, I also have lots of non-productive plans as well :eek:)

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tucker....WOw.. talk about productive thinking.. I am in awe.. HOw many PhD do you have???

Kcole

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have an idea. Two words: Press Release. They want to ride the excitement of a "shipping" press release and be able to cite the largest number of iPads shipped as possible. My guess? 1.2 million units shipped.

Note: That's total iPads shipped as of that day, Wi-fi and 3G combined.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every product has a release date. It is no different for the IPAD. We will get them on Friday as promised. I too, am impatient as hell! But on Friday...think of the joy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts