What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, I have had 2 separate $729 pending charges from apple on my debit account for my one ipad over the last month... currently my account is showing (2) $1 pendings from apple... I do not know what is going on..

but I ready for friday!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absence of notice to date has me thinking that our iPads are staged somewhere in the US and not shipping directly to us from China. But I wouldn't make book on it.

There isn't an Apple rep who would, right now, say anything else to a customer but "Yes, it will be shipped for Friday delivery." I don't think the Apple CSRs get too much inside information too far in advance of Apple's public statements.

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here... I had a pending charge that fell off and my debit card available balance increased. I suspect that Apple is just checking to make sure the cards are still "good" for the charge amount as they prepare to ship all the 3G units at one time, but wanted to do it early enough so that the charge would fall-off and not "double-ding" the card and possibly max-out the card and cause other problems. Again, just my guess...

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the concerns people have been posting regarding "improper" use of this thread. I agree that it is a good place to come and see if anything new is going on with the release of 3G and have enjoyed it as such. However, I would like to make it clear that I started this thread to give us a place to go where we could help each other wait for the release of 3G as the WiFi people were about to get theirs. Remember, the title of the thread Is "iPad 3G Support Group Thread" and not "3G iPad Status Thread". Below is my original post:

With the the release of the iPad WiFi imminent I think it would be helpful for those of us who are waiting for the 3G version to have a place to come and vent and hate and share evil thoughts about waiting and those that are happily enjoying their WiFi versions. If you are a WiFi iPad owner, please leave this thread right now and go to a thread where you can gush about how happy you are. We don't want to hear it! :mad: This is in no way intended to disrespect you nor should anything we write in here be taken very seriously but we need a place to lick our wounds and ride out the wave of euphoria that we are missing. You can only download iBook into your iTunes Apps directory without being able to use it so many times before it gets old... We need a place where we can still feel like we are early adopters even if Apple still won't tell us exactly when we will have ours. We need to justify our decision to abuse ourselves with the wait. We need to write about how smart we are for waiting for 3G and how sad all WiFi people will be when they see how VERY COOL we are once we get ours.

I can't wait to go find a hot-spot free zone and surf the web on my iPad. I will surf from my hotel room without having to pay $10/day for WiFi access! I will surf from my car while I wait for my wife to get her iced tea from the Starbuks that I found due to a GPS that only we have! I will read and refresh RSS feeds while sitting on the beach! I will be the coolest!!!!

I feel better already.... ok the pain is back - please help!!! :D

I do like having the app stuff in a separate thread but there was nothing about it that violated the intent of this one. My point is that we should all calm down and be good to each other. I feel like the posts bashing others are more disruptive to the thread than anything else. I know its been a long wait and thank goodness it is almost over. Lets hold it together for a few more days. I can't wait til we can start crowing about our tracking information! :D

-Greg

Last edited:

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm extremely calm. I merely indicated that I don't like posts w/ 1" high fonts; it gobbles up so much real estate, you have to constantly move to the next page. It's like billboards.

Like Woody Says in Annie Hall: "you can give your opinion, but do you have to give it so loudly?"

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here... I had a pending charge that fell off and my debit card available balance increased. I suspect that Apple is just checking to make sure the cards are still "good" for the charge amount as they prepare to ship all the 3G units at one time, but wanted to do it early enough so that the charge would fall-off and not "double-ding" the card and possibly max-out the card and cause other problems. Again, just my guess...

Hi everyone - a little redundancy from a post yesterday - but nontheless important information.

I had a chat with Apple yesterday re status of my orders (I have a 3G 64GB on order since March 13th and another identical order dated April 3rd).

My hold on funds dropped off as well. Apple told me that they can only hold funds so long and if they don't fire off the charge the hold is released. They said that doesn't mean they don't already have the authorization - and that they will definitely charge the cards slightly before or after shipping.

As far as shipping - Apple told me that they would definitely ship today (Monday) in order to get here by Friday. I asked about if they're coming from China like my other peripherals and she said "Good question let me check". She then said that she was in error and that both of my iPads may ship as late as Wednesday since they were both already in the United States.

Hope this helps - I think this is how many of these will go down this week.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In paraphrase, Woody also said in Annie Hall: Don't you wish life was like that?

bart7373

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy Camper

Hey everyone. I too can't wait for Friday. However, I just found out I am one of the winners of the Seidio Flexcase giveaway so I feel better now. This forum rocks!

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I too can't wait for Friday. However, I just found out I am one of the winners of the Seidio Flexcase giveaway so I feel better now. This forum rocks!

Nice! Congratulations!! :cool:

lawdood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is lawdood and I'm an ipad 3g waitaholic.

I've been going crazy by myself (only one of my friends who's getting one of these right now) and have been suffering silently waiting for Friday until I came across this forum the other day. Glad to be around like minded, impatient for Friday people like myself.

The one question I have is if these are going out by Fed Ex Priority overnight does that mean we SHOULD have them by 10:30AM?

Oh, and like a few others I have rearranged my Friday work schedule so that I have nothing planned other than to work a little from home....that is until "it" shows up.

torero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been checking my order status every chance I get, and like everyone here, still no status change. If I recall correctly, people who pre-ordered their wi-fi only units received notices when their units began shipping from China. It's been strangely quiet in our case. Hmmm. My pending charges are still there though. Just waiting and checking order status and online bank statement like an automaton. *sigh*

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is lawdood and I'm an ipad 3g waitaholic.

I've been going crazy by myself (only one of my friends who's getting one of these right now) and have been suffering silently waiting for Friday until I came across this forum the other day. Glad to be around like minded, impatient for Friday people like myself.

The one question I have is if these are going out by Fed Ex Priority overnight does that mean we SHOULD have them by 10:30AM?

Oh, and like a few others I have rearranged my Friday work schedule so that I have nothing planned other than to work a little from home....that is until "it" shows up.

Welcome lawdood. No need to suffer alone, when you can suffer with the rest of us. It has been an agonizing wait but will be over soon.
As for as Priority overnight, Fedex states "usually delivered by 10:30AM". I would have to say that it would be hard for them to deliver all the shipments by 10:30AM but keep your fingers crossed.
A lot of us will be waiting curbside for our buddy the Fedex person. ;)

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
select what you want and don't want manually BEFORE you sync your iPad.

How do you select what you don't want manually in iTunes?

At the moment, I have 58 apps ready to be downloaded. Only a couple are games, so they are probably pretty small. Can anyone guess how long that will take to sync?

Another question: Which 3G plan are you going to go with first? I'm going to go with the $30 unlimited plan for at least the first month and see how much I use (hopefully I will be able to tell). I was going to go with the $15/256MB plan, but then I re-read the deal. If you are approaching your limit, you have a choice of paying $15 for 256MB or $30 for unlimited, so if I went with the 256MB and used it up, I might use up another 256MB before the end of the month, and have to add more. Did anyone else notice that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts