What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score

4phun - you are a first class unadulterated $HIT disturber - and you should be ashamed of yourself. This article came out a week ago - was posted on Bloomberg news at 4am last Tuesday.

The article specifically talks about the fact that, due to high US and foreign demand, production delays of the screens could be responsible for the delay in the INTERNATIONAL rollout of the iPad.

If you would have read my earlier post on this thread about timing - Apple representatives told me yesterday that at least my two orders (one from March 13th and one from April 3rd) would definitely get here on time, but may not ship until Wednesday because they are providing overnight shipping and my units are ALREADY in the United States.

David, CHILL. I do not think 4phun meant any harm or that we would not get our "precious" on Friday. I have preordered many items, from books, movies, games and such with a firm release date. The normal way it has worked in the past, and sure it will work the same now, the item is pre-staged at various locations. They are marked or assigned to the deliverer "DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE". Our 3G's are probably at Fedex or UPS or on their way there. You will not get a shipping indicator e-mail or show in Apple account as shipped. You probably won't see shipped until Thursday. You will see "being prepared", Tuesday or Wednesday, if not later today. You will probably get a shipped e-mail with tracking number on Thursday. Now take a deep breath and try and breath normal until Friday. :D

Last edited:

Fisherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of you guys need to lay off on the titanic font sizes that equal 2 posts per page, people.

This thread is for people waiting on their 3G delivery, and sharing updates, amongst one another, REGARDING that delivery / status.

Sweet app tips and 1"-high fonts should go make their own threads. Seriously. Every time I check back to this thread, it's because I want to see peoples updates RE: their 3G iPad delivery status. I'm getting a little sick of all these app "ads".

My 2¢.

Thanks.

Add my 2 cents to ICEPULSE! I totally agree with what he said!

On another topic does anyone know will there be or is there another thread we can go to to get tips and tricks once we have our new toys? I DO NOT mean cool new APPS but real honest to goodness tips and tricks we discover so if others of us have questions we don't have to re-invent the wheel. I've already found a couple from various sites for the WiFi that will apply to the 3G that will save me some time and frustration.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you notice they didn't ship 3Gs this morning as expected?

4phun, don't scare us like that :p I'm sure that our 3G's are sitting in a warehouse, waiting to be sent. It's the people that didn't pre-order that have to worry.

OTH, my cc STILL has not been charged :confused:

I'm taking Friday off. My boss's boss is also buying a 3G, but I don't think he's taking the day off to wait :confused:

I have to take the kids to a track meet in the afternoon, so I am hoping that the iPad will come before.

Here's a question to those with the wi-fi model, when you first connect it to your computer, it connects to iTunes correct? And then syncs up your applications? I think I read in another thread that it takes awhile to download all of the apps (if you have a lot, which I do (thanks 4phun!)).

When I first hooked my WiFi up it did not take too long to sync to Itunes and then download the apps. If I remember, prob less than 15 min or so. I was so excited that it is all a blur. At least I get to do it again on the 30th. I am staying home all day!!!!

Dana

PS
Who assigns the labels under our user name - like "Ipad enthusiast" etc.?

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com
Add me to the list of incurably obsessive "where's-my-damn-iPad-shipping-notice-email" types! Couldn't wait any longer and after a 5 minute or so wait on the phone was told (by my new best friend "Vicky") that my order indeed will be fulfilled this week and confirmed delivery on Friday. Now maybe I can get some work done this week!! :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not positive, but I could swear that when I checked my account this morning, they had changed my status from Late April to NOT YET SHIPPED I don't think it means much, but I got to wondering if the bold letting was their way of telling me that it was not going to get to me any quicker by always checking up on it.:D

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Late April" is the estimate and "Not Yet Shipped" is the status. They both appear in seperate areas on my screen.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32GB Wi-Fi that I got on April 3rd that is going to my son on Friday (64GB Wifi + 3G). So I would be happy to answer any questions to help get first timers started. First and foremost, if you haven't done so already install or upgrade to iTunes 9.1 or you will have to wait for it to download on Friday. Apple servers may get slow just when you need them most. Download any apps you want now, again to avoid a possible logjam on Friday at the App store. If you are going to sync your iPad with the same iTunes library as your current ipod, ipod touch, or iphone realize that EVERYTHING in that library will get synced to the ipad if left to default. If you don't want that; carefully select what you want and don't want manually BEFORE you sync your iPad. You can always put anything that you may want back later. I did my WiFi on a totally separate machine (my son's). so it has the apps from his iPod touch as well as what we loaded for the iPad. A little strategic planning on your part will go a long way to not overload (11 screens of 20 plus 6 in the main app bar below) the iPad day one and keep you from having a long initial sync to do a lot of maintenance after the fact. The initial sync will take a while if you have lots of music, apps, video etc. from your other device(s). What will take even longer is the 1st backup of the ipad. And, be sure you have space for BOTH on the hard drive of the computer that you choose as the one that will have the iTunes you will be using. I hope that helps.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32GB Wi-Fi that I got on April 3rd that is going to my son on Friday (64GB Wifi + 3G). So I would be happy to answer any questions to help get first timers started. First and foremost, if you haven't done so already install or upgrade to iTunes 9.1 or you will have to wait for it to download on Friday. Apple servers may get slow just when you need them most. Download any apps you want now, again to avoid a possible logjam on Friday at the App store. If you are going to sync your iPad with the same iTunes library as your current ipod, ipod touch, or iphone realize that EVERYTHING in that library will get synced to the ipad if left to default. If you don't want that; carefully select what you want and don't want manually BEFORE you sync your iPad. You can always put anything that you may want back later. I did my WiFi on a totally separate machine (my son's). so it has the apps from his iPod touch as well as what we loaded for the iPad. A little strategic planning on your part will go a long way to not overload (11 screens of 20 plus 6 in the main app bar below) the iPad day one and keep you from having a long initial sync to do a lot of maintenance after the fact. The initial sync will take a while if you have lots of music, apps, video etc. from your other device(s). What will take even longer is the 1st backup of the ipad. And, be sure you have space for BOTH on the hard drive of the computer that you choose as the one that will have the iTunes you will be using. I hope that helps.

All great advise. I also got a wi-fi which was suppose to be for my wife's when I got my 3G, and I used her computer to sync it. Now she is also getting a 3G which will be no problem syncing it on her computer. My computer is all set waiting for Friday for the initial sync of my 3G. GO TIGERS. :D

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GO TIGERS

My wife likes it as much as my son and I. I guess she will be the home for the 3G when version 2 comes out next year. Until then THEY get to share.

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Outstanding post Tigerbait. Now that's the kind of info we need before we acquire the classy eyed stares and the sweaty hands on Friday. On day one when Apple posted the first apps there were not many reviews in. Now that we know how they rate I will be deleting the poor graded ones to clean out my list. Thanks again for the tips.:D

zeiglepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charge is gone???

Last week my available balance went down $900 or so dollars (for the ipad charge 64gb 3g) but now the available balance is back up to normal???

Did this happen to anyone else???

P.S. I got the letter saying it was going to ship late april. & everything still looks the same on the apple site (late april)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions