What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will charge and hold for 3 days, then it will drop then do it again, then drop until they ship and it will actually charge.

Dignan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been feeling anxious about my 3G pre-order (3/25) because of a touchy Visa used to place the order. This card is easily placed on fraud alert and I've had to call card security and verify charges numerous times in the past, including the authorization charge Apple made when I originally placed my pre-order. In an attempt to thwart this happening again when Apple attempts the final charge, I called the Apple Store yesterday. The salesperson assured me that if this does happen I will be sent an email notification and "fraud alert" will show up in my order status, giving me the opportunity to rectify the situation before my order is delayed or canceled. Phew! While on the phone I also asked when she expected the charge to post to my account. She said they expect final charges to start posting Monday or Tuesday for iPad delivery by Friday. Sounds to me like the ipads are indeed already in the U.S. as it seems unlikely they would be shipped from China on Monday or Tuesday.

This was written on my iPad wi-fi. I couldn't wait for my 3G to arrive so I went to BB on 4/3 and bought my girlfriend a wi-fi only. Love it!

I do not know how you are getting away with your girlfriend settling for the wi-fi. I could not wait to get my hands on iPad and also went to BB and purchased a wi-fi and told my wife it would be her iPad when I got my 3G. She was good with that at first but soon figured out she would be stuck using it only at wi-fi hot spots. Harmony in a marriage is a give and take relationship. I give and she takes. Needless to say a 2nd 3G was ordered, and luckily just under the wire for delivery on April 30. Harmony restored.:confused:
Sshhh, she'll hear you!. Actually, I offered to get her the 3G model, but she says she doesn't really care. I guess she plans to use it mostly at home and at the office. Go figure. Who knows though, I'll probably be auctioning her wi-fi in two weeks on ebay.

Boyodublin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera Kit took 3 Days to Arrive from China!

My Camera Kit took only 3 days to arrive from China...

It was picked up on the 20th and arrived yesterday, the 23rd.

Soooo, our little babies still could indeed be coming from China!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is that are shipping from china on Monday/teusday and arriving Thursday to a staging area for Friday delivery before 10:30am.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My luck the FedEx plane will go down in a cloud of volcanic ash and Tom Hanks will be stuck on some frigging island with 5,000 iPads and no way to activate them.

Edit: I suppose that would be bad luck for the flight crew, too.

geo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The FedEx guy around here NEVER gets here before around 4:30pm and sometimes (even if it is an overnight shipment) he will claim an exception and won't deliver until the next day. I would like to send him to that island with Tom Hanks.

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone got an actual ship date on the 3g

So far all i have seen are the form letter that we all received
last week
i have yet to see my c.c. Account clear the charges.

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone got an actual ship date on the 3g

:(:(:(:(
last week
i have yet to see my c.c. Account clear the charges. :confused::confused::confused:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadware Price Drop: Vtrace (iPad Utilities)

Price: $.99 -> Free, Version: 1.0

Description:

Vtrace is a visual traceroute application that shows a list of the network servers from your machine to a target ip address or hostname on a a google map.

The map display consists of a pin for each hop that can be clicked for information and to open the address in safari, the color of the pins change from green to red reflecting the latency of the hop, as do the lines connecting the pins.

On the back side a address can be entered to start a trace, and a detail listing of the last trace can be seen, tap and hold a item to copy it to pasteboard, rotate the display to show more information like the host name.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free Amazon Mobile app

Price: Free, Version: 1.2.0 -> 1.2.4
Description:

The Amazon Mobile app allows iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners to very quickly search, shop, compare prices, read reviews, and make purchases on Amazon.com using a simple, yet elegant, interface. Amazon customers have full access to their existing cart, wish lists, payment and shipping options, order history, 1-Click (R) settings, and Prime membership benefits. All purchases made on Amazon Mobile are routed through Amazon’s secure servers just as they are on the web. All prices are in US Dollars.

For the iPhone and the iPod Touch, the Amazon app also includes a new experimental feature called Amazon Remembers that allows you to use the camera on your iPhone to create a visual list of things you want to remember while out-and-about. The photos you take from the app are stored on both the Amazon Mobile app and Amazon’s website. If the item you want to remember is a product, Amazon Remembers will even try to find an product similar to your photo for sale on the web. If we do, we’ll send you an e-mail alert and post the result along with the photo.

Amazon Mobile is great for:
* Buying favorite new book while waiting for an appointment
* Comparing prices from Amazon and thousands of other merchants to those in the retail store you are visiting
*Shopping for the full selection of products available from Amazon.com
* Purchasing and gift wrapping your holiday gifts while on the go
* Browsing product images and reading customer reviews while on the bus or train
* Tracking the status of a recently-placed order when you’re away from your computer
*For the iPhone app, using Amazon Remembers to match and find a pair of shoes for sale like the one the person sitting next to you is wearing
*For the iPad app, watching movie trailers and listening to music samples.

Amazon.com apps has products available in the following categories:
Books, Textbooks
Magazines & Newspapers
Movies, Music, TV, Games, CDs
DVDs & Blu-ray DVD
Video On Demand
Musical Instruments
Video Games
Computers & Office
Software, Accessories, PC Games
Computer Components
Office Products & Supplies
Electronics
Audio, TV & Home Theater
Camera, Photo & Video
MP3 & Media Players
Car Electronics & GPS
Home Appliances
Home & Garden
Kitchen & Dining
Furniture & Décor
Bedding & Bath
Home Appliances
Vacuums & Storage
Home Improvement
Patio, Lawn & Garden
Pet Supplies
Sewing, Craft & Hobby
Grocery, Health & Beauty
Natural & Organic
Gourmet Food
Personal Care
Toys & Games
Baby
Apparel (Kids & Baby)
Shoes, Jewelry, Watches
Sports & Outdoors
Exercise & Fitness
Camping & Hiking
Action & Team Sports
Cycling, Golf, Fan Gear
Tools, Auto & Industrial
Power & Hand Tools
Outdoor Power Equipment
Home Improvement
Lighting & Electrical
Plumbing Fixtures
Automotive
Motorcycle & ATV
Industrial & Scientific

What's New

Optimized for iPad with new features including bestseller and recommendation lists, video preview and music track samples.

Amazon Mobile

mzl.pmugvuvr.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.rwqxvrmx.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.uzhuelht.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.lnpmwtme.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ubszqbju.320x480-75.jpg

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadware Price Drop: Super Ball Bounce

Price: $.99 -> Free, Version: 1.0

163577.jpg
Description:

Super Ball Bounce is a reflex oriented game for the whole family to enjoy!
Kids love the game as much as adults.
The object of the game is to tap the balls as they are falling in order to pop them before they fall past the bottom of the scree and you lose a life.
There are 15 types of balls, each with their own shapes and sizes.
Every seven levels there is a challenge that you must pass to continue on with the game.
Super Ball Bounce is a score based game where the object is to get the highest score possible.
One fun property is the Combo. A Combo is the case where you tap more than one ball in a row. As the Combo gets higher, the amount of points you get per tap gets larger.
Super Ball Bounce is a fun and simple game that all can enjoy!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
last week
i have yet to see my c.c. Account clear the charges. :confused::confused::confused:

I think that's where most people are at - but also include that most people have seen the charges on hold or pending with their financial institutions - ie the available balance has been lowered but the $$ hasn't been taken out of the accounts.

My advice - walk away from the computer screen - go take a drive -- and make sure you've caught up on all the ancillary stuff you might want to do. Because come Friday - we're all going to be a tad pre-occupied.

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
last week

I think that's where most people are at - but also include that most people have seen the charges on hold or pending with their financial institutions - ie the available balance has been lowered but the $$ hasn't been taken out of the accounts.

My advice - walk away from the computer screen - go take a drive -- and make sure you've caught up on all the ancillary stuff you might want to do. Because come Friday - we're all going to be a tad pre-occupied.

Well said David. I know for sure I will be off the radar for some time. We might want to start a new thread about how many of us are single again about a week after Firday.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOT TIP: Go grab the Camera Connector While Waiting 4 3G

Apple's iPad camera adapter supports USB audio, keyboards

Tipped off by AppleInsider

Early adopters of Apple's Pad's Camera Connection Kit have discovered that the accessory can be used to connect a number of USB devices to the tablet device in addition to cameras.

Electronista provided a roundup of the findings yesterday, first noting that one test by TidBITS discovered that the kit will work with most any USB headphone, headset or microphone. This makes it possible to either listen to music or take a VoIP call through off-the-shelf computer accessories. The call quality via VoIP was reportedly "terrific," making it more appealing to use Skype if you don't have a Bluetooth headsets.

Meanwhile, TUAW found that USB keyboards will work as well, although this was partly expected given the functionality of the official iPad Keyboard Dock. The convenience of the USB keyboard is also reduced as there's no stand when using the adapter.

[Note if you use a bookstand or a magazine stand to hold the iPad this might work. I use wireless keyboards with a fob to feed signal to the computer. It is a simple task to pull that and pop it into something else. I was going to pop for a Apple BT KB but I think I will try this first as it has so many other uses too.]

For its intended role, the adapter imports images to the iPad's Photos app when plugged in. Besides supporting RAW from high-end cameras, iLounge notes that the iPad will import any captured photos at full 2048x1536 resolution, including the EXIF metadata from the original shot.

Video is also supported with tools that let photographers trim videos much as they do with the iPhone 3GS' simple editor. Clips are cut short, however. Any video larger than 640x480 and 5MB will be shrunk in resolution and length to fit the length.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts