What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In preparation for my iPad delivery next week, I was wondering if any of you might give me advice with migrating my iTunes to a new laptop. I want to sync my iPhone - and iPad when I get it - on iTunes installed on my new laptop. I have installed all of my music and apps on the new machine and have set up the same playlists with the same music. Is this all I need to do to start syncing my iPhone? I don't imagine the iPad will be a problem since it will be the first sync but I am not sure what else I need to do to get up and running on the new machine. I would appreciate your input and advice!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iphone-elite-obs.jpg

iphone-elite-radar.jpg

WeatherBug Elite is a paid application.

Key features:

• 100% ad-free
  • Live, local weather conditions and forecasts
  • 7-day and hourly forecasts
  • National Weather Service (NWS) alerts
  • Daily national weather outlook video
  • Radar maps with zoom feature
  • View live weather cameras (up to 5)
  • Time-lapse weather camera animation
  • Fast access to unlimited saved locations
  • Cached weather data for offline viewing
  • Map auto-center function (US only)
  • Temperature contour and satellite infrared maps
  • Enhanced current conditions with 12 distinct observations
  • Touch anywhere map technology allows user to "drop a pin" and view current weather conditions for that location
  • Free access to updates and enhancements
New features include:

• Full radar animation
  • Six additional map layers: infrared satellite, humidity, air pressure, wind speed, next day high and next day low
mzl.zpgnkfac.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.xbdzwsyp.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.vqroumbe.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.wtgecoal.320x480-75.jpg

Tucker
iPad Fan!

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PapiJump for iPad instead of PapiJump - FREE

Price: Free, iPad Version: 1.0.0
PapiJump for iPad is a simple but addictive jumping action game!

Description

PapiJump for iPad is a simple but addictive jumping action game!

Mr.Papi (red ball guy) is jumping eternally. Move him left and right so that he go up higher.

You can select one of the following control methods in the title menu:
- Tilt: Tilt the device left and right
- Touch: Touch left or right buttons to accelerate him
- Slide: Slide your finger left and right on the screen to accelerate him

You can also select Portrait or Landscape mode by rotating the device in the title menu.

Additional infos:
- If he eat hamburgers you get bonus scores.
- The left side of the screen is connected with the right side.
- You can move faster by touching with two or more fingers in Touch and Slide levels

Sunflat Web Site PapiJump for iPad Support
iPad Screenshots

mzl.qkqeagiy.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.vgemrhow.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.qfjgicbs.480x480-75.jpg

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Price Drop: I Lost My Underwear Today and Other Flights of Imagination (Books)

Price: $1.99 -> Free Sat & Sun , Version: 1.0

THIS WEEKEND ONLY DOWNLOAD FOR FREE! Skillfully wending words, sounds, and images, author/illustrator, Colonel Korne paints poetic pictures that catapult readers into a witty world of rhymes. Whether weaving a web of intrigue in "Spider, Spider," rhapsodizing reminiscently in "Memories of Grandpa," or the provocative pun in "Honeydew, Honeydew," he hits the heart, not with sap, but with a refreshing twist that draws in everyone who picks up this unique volume. Children's poetry? Hardly, but make no mistake. Kids love the Colonel. Adults will chuckle at the double entendres resplendent in the Colonel's work and identify with the trials that vex characters like Emily Lou, the hippo ballerina. All ages will relish the artwork that ranges from realism to cartoon sketches. Educators will appreciate the natural use of literary devices: "The Butterfly" as a picture poem, the synonyms in "I Lost My Underwear Today", as well as wonderful examples of irony, alliteration, and metaphor replete in this masterfully written work. With a live reading by the author in this electronic version.

mzl.yixpmqni.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.taorpkjp.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.jlvibkoa.480x480-75.jpg

http://itunes.apple.com/app/i-lost-my-underwear-today/id366405118?mt=8

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Price Drop: Ludo board game for iPad - This week only

Price: $3.99 -> Free, Version: 1.0

Description:

*** This week for FREE ***

Ludo board game is a result of evolution to the well known ancient game Ludo (latin: I play)! iPad is very impressive device and it took board game experience to the next level. We all played Ludo as kids. Ludo board game has very simple concept so it is suitable for kids from 4 to 99 years. You can play single against computer intelligence or mix computers vs humans to add extra fun that this game offer when played in 4 players.

Features:

- play game from 2 to 4 players
- set any player as human or computer intelligence
- very simple rules that young kids understand
- game state is saved so you can continue game later
- intuitive graphics interface

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So at this point I think that 90% of us are sitting here with charges pending on our cards but not yet taken out and with all of our accessories delivered or at least in the shipping process somewhere.

Of course - we're also checking the Apple web site and seeing no changes - just sitting there in a Not Yet Shipped status with a date of Late April.

I would guess, with trying to make sure everything gets to us by Friday, that we'll see all hell break lose in the next couple of days - mass shipping - etc. I think the biggest question left is whether they're going to ship from China or if Apple has already brought the units to the US somewhere so that they're staged and ready to go. If the latter is true we may not see any movement until Tuesday or so.

I remember when I was in my early 20's my best friend approached me with a deal. He had just bought a brand new Firebird Trans-Am - cherry red - 1K miles. He couldn't handle the payments. I had a great job and he wanted to trade straight across - swap payments. It took about a week for the banks to put the paperwork together to do the trade. That was the longest week of my life - waiting for everything to go through.

This wait has been tougher!

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The drama continues. Apple had reserved a charge for my ipad which I noticed when my available balance went down earlier this week. When I checked this morning, the available balance is back to what it had been before.

I am going to take a deep breath and relax. Apple did send me that e-mail telling me the shipment will come in late April. I'm sure I will get the shipping notice next week. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts . . .

Dignan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CC fraud alert and Apple Store update

Hey everyone! I've been feeling anxious about my 3G pre-order (3/25) because of a touchy Visa used to place the order. This card is easily placed on fraud alert and I've had to call card security and verify charges numerous times in the past, including the authorization charge Apple made when I originally placed my pre-order. In an attempt to thwart this happening again when Apple attempts the final charge, I called the Apple Store yesterday. The salesperson assured me that if this does happen I will be sent an email notification and "fraud alert" will show up in my order status, giving me the opportunity to rectify the situation before my order is delayed or canceled. Phew! While on the phone I also asked when she expected the charge to post to my account. She said they expect final charges to start posting Monday or Tuesday for iPad delivery by Friday. Sounds to me like the ipads are indeed already in the U.S. as it seems unlikely they would be shipped from China on Monday or Tuesday.

This was written on my iPad wi-fi. I couldn't wait for my 3G to arrive so I went to BB on 4/3 and bought my girlfriend a wi-fi only. Love it!

Last edited:

Kaho'olawe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The drama continues. Apple had reserved a charge for my ipad which I noticed when my available balance went down earlier this week. When I checked this morning, the available balance is back to what it had been before.

I am going to take a deep breath and relax. Apple did send me that e-mail telling me the shipment will come in late April. I'm sure I will get the shipping notice next week. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts . . .

Same thing happened to me too. I noticed this morning my CC available balance is back up. Hmmm interesting?

I am with you mossman, positive thoughts, positive thoughts.....but I am adding deep breathing to stay calm! :confused:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me too. I noticed this morning my CC available balance is back up. Hmmm interesting?

I am with you mossman, positive thoughts, positive thoughts.....but I am adding deep breathing to stay calm! :confused:

My available balance is still down so I guess the hold is still there. Maybe it depends on the card. I put it on my discover so I don't know if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing here. The $ Hold has been lifted but no actual charge. I didn't count the days but is there a limit on how long they can have a hold?

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been feeling anxious about my 3G pre-order (3/25) because of a touchy Visa used to place the order. This card is easily placed on fraud alert and I've had to call card security and verify charges numerous times in the past, including the authorization charge Apple made when I originally placed my pre-order. In an attempt to thwart this happening again when Apple attempts the final charge, I called the Apple Store yesterday. The salesperson assured me that if this does happen I will be sent an email notification and "fraud alert" will show up in my order status, giving me the opportunity to rectify the situation before my order is delayed or canceled. Phew! While on the phone I also asked when she expected the charge to post to my account. She said they expect final charges to start posting Monday or Tuesday for iPad delivery by Friday. Sounds to me like the ipads are indeed already in the U.S. as it seems unlikely they would be shipped from China on Monday or Tuesday.

This was written on my iPad wi-fi. I couldn't wait for my 3G to arrive so I went to BB on 4/3 and bought my girlfriend a wi-fi only. Love it!

I do not know how you are getting away with your girlfriend settling for the wi-fi. I could not wait to get my hands on iPad and also went to BB and purchased a wi-fi and told my wife it would be her iPad when I got my 3G. She was good with that at first but soon figured out she would be stuck using it only at wi-fi hot spots. Harmony in a marriage is a give and take relationship. I give and she takes. Needless to say a 2nd 3G was ordered, and luckily just under the wire for delivery on April 30. Harmony restored.:confused:

td4p2day`

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This also happened to me. My balance is back up after the charges posted earlier this week. I hope Im still on track to recieve mine on April 30. I think maybe the charges can only be in pending for a few days and then they fall off or at least I hope that what it is. BTW this is on my Visa check card.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing here. The $ Hold has been lifted but no actual charge. I didn't count the days but is there a limit on how long they can have a hold?

I had a larger hold on my AX card than should have been. I called them and they said that a hold is good for 8 days on a AX card and the reason for the extra hold was that Apple renewed the hold early on one of the two holds. Said it would all work out in the end when Apple activates the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts