What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually think the timing is about right. We're 9 days out from delivery date and they've pre-auth'd the cards. I expect cards to be charged tonight and tomorrow. Now - how long does it take to ship from China to the US and then stage for delivery? 4 days? 5 days? They also should give those folks who got caught off guard and had the charge declined the chance of making things right - giving an alternate card.

The only issue I have with all of this is that they changed the shipping type to 'priority'. If that's the case we better not see these things arrive in the US and then sit in Memphis for 3 days until the official roll-out delivery date. That's what surprise me - saying that the units would deliver on the 30th. Why not deliver them as they get here.

This is probably what's going to happen. And they probably have to be delivered to the apple stores by 4/29 to be able to get them entered into inventory and ready for display and whatnot. So close and yet so far...

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My credit card has a pending transaction for the amount of the Ipad plus outrageous California sales tax (9.25% where I live). I placed my order on 3-12 at 6:58 am. Whoo hoo!

My keyboard dock was just delivered a few minutes ago. It took exactly one week to be delivered from the time of origin scan in Shanghai. The origin scan was on 4-14 which was the same day a hold was placed on my credit card. My card was actually charged on 4-15 and the departure scan from Shanghai was on 4-16. It reached Anchorage on 4-19, Louisville on 4-20 and was delivered in the San Jose area today 4-21.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't take it that my signature is still showing 12. It should be 9 darn it! I am going to post it to a new thread to see if someone from the site might take notice and fix it!

-Greg

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a telephone call from Amex asking to verify my internet order from Apple. Amount was the price of the 32 3G plus sales tax.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my charges today. and I already got the test charges back in march, so. my money is officially gone...but to a good place though

I also ran on this comment in the overheating thread, page 3 or 4. the comment was placed last week (13th or so). apparently apple employees did in fact unofficially know the arrival date of the 3g...just thought it was interesting

I finally got the Apple tech people at Apple Cafe to check out the overheating problem on my iPad. She was getting ready to do a replacement and I asked her if there was any way to replace mine (current WiFi model) with a 3G and I pay the difference. She said no problem if I could wait until May 1, 2010. I said yea, no problem - is that when the 3G's are available? She said unofficially yes, and one would be reserved for me to exchange only. I hope this one holds up until then.....

They claim the heat problems are veer isolated and mine was the first one they saw with this problem..... I,m kind of wondering about that?????

pharaoncheg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a trouble with preorder ipad. i'm big fan apple and i want ipad 3G. But i'm from russia and i will be in NY only 1 may. Can someone preorder ipad 3g for me and 1 may i will come in apple store on 5th ave in NY and pay for this amazing gadget?

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we have a date now, and credit card charges are starting to appear, and that should be that...

but there are no charges on my card yet and until I see the d@#! shipping status say something other than Late April it just doesn't seem real. So I will keep haunting this forum hoping for more evidence that this thing is really, finally, coming. Keep posting, people!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we have a date now, and credit card charges are starting to appear, and that should be that...

but there are no charges on my card yet and until I see the d@#! shipping status say something other than Late April it just doesn't seem real. So I will keep haunting this forum hoping for more evidence that this thing is really, finally, coming. Keep posting, people!

It's real and official. Don't worry my brother, 9 days from today we will be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions