What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you can find that person at the unemployment office in Santa Clara, or over at the Google HR dept.

Or perhaps next to Jimmy Hoffa. After all, what good is all that wealth and power if you can't have someone shot (bad movie reference)? <g>

Last edited:

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I ordered a power adapter with the Ipad. Stupid me, I don't really need that, but since it was marked "ships MAY 28", I decided not to fool with my order until I got the G3. Well the power adapter just changed to "Prepared for shipping" Oh well, I guess I will figure out why I needed that somehow:D

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad to see that more people are getting the "great news"!! Gremlin.....couldn't agree more....i hope I don't scare the Fed Ex man when I sprint to his truck, screaming "Yes it is FINALLY here!".

scarlett, my dear, where is that copy of your e-mail stating you will be receiving your iPad on April 24. You are the only one that has received such and we all are curious to see it. Unless, you had to work late for the Government. Sorry if you took offense to my Rhet Butler comment. You must not have seen Gone With the Wind. Please don't flame me for this legit request. LOL:D

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping and delivery estimates

The ‘Ships’ timeframe is an estimate of when the item will prepare for shipment and ship from our warehouse. The items on your order will ship as they become available.

The ‘Delivers’ timeframe is an estimate of when the item will be delivered to your shipping address after it ships. The estimated delivery time depends on the shipping method you choose during checkout.

All estimates are based on business days.

I would like to add they can be wrong. I was waiting for a case for the iPad. The email said delivery Friday. I printed up a leave it notice for the door which I planned to post Friday. I left the house to go to the bank on Tursday only to come back and see a big noice that the delivery man had already been there and missed me. I still got it Friday but what a waste!

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn it! I now have a charge of $30.45 in my card, intead of the $829 plus tax...

It seems it is for the power adapter, which is scheduled to be shipped on... May 28th!

What's your take on this?

Attachments

• barclay.jpg
    barclay.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 147
  • applstore.jpg
    applstore.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 155

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they had a ton of power adapters scheduled to ship on may 28th. I called them and asked about it - I have a more recent iPad order where the adapter shipped.

The took the adapter off my order and added it back on -- now it's shipping. I bet they found out they had a bunch stuck in limbo and ran a scrub.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad to see that more people are getting the "great news"!! Gremlin.....couldn't agree more....i hope I don't scare the Fed Ex man when I sprint to his truck, screaming "Yes it is FINALLY here!".

scarlett, my dear, where is that copy of your e-mail stating you will be receiving your iPad on April 24. You are the only one that has received such and we all are curious to see it. Unless, you had to work late for the Government. Sorry if you took offense to my Rhet Butler comment. You must not have seen Gone With the Wind. Please don't flame me for this legit request. LOL:D

LOL!!!!

Sickpup, reading your post, and then looking at your location, this came to mind:

Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boyodublin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CC Preautorized

Ordered everything on 3/19.

Got the "Late April" email this am like most folks.

Already received dock pad, case, and Mobileme..

Only the Ipad 3g and the Camera kit left to be delivered......Both still say "Late April."

However, my CC just got pre-autorized for the price of the Camera Kit...$31.83 ($29+tax).

Will let you know when CC charged for Ipad.

zeiglepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anything really changed?
Apple seems to have run out of available stock for the first batch of preorders so they changed the date for the next batch of orders to may 7.
They didn't want everyone who has already preordered to freak out when they saw the new date for shipment so they sent out emails to everyone assuring them that they are still on target for a late april delivery.

Some people claim to have had their CC charged for the 3g Ipad but the majority of us have not so, I'm not sure what that means.

(BTW I hope I'm wrong and I get my Ipad this week.)

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anything really changed?

As you said, some folks have had their cards charged either with shipping or the actual iPad or both. Seems like a change to me, just not a definitive change.

Maybe this is all bogus, I would say not. In any case we should have a better idea tomorrow with the earnings call.

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone in this forum knows an Apple store employee? Maybe they know more...

They do not have the balls to buck Steve by saying what they really know.

Now maybe if we could find the guy that brought the 4G iPhone to a bar and lost it.......

I think you can find that person at the unemployment office in Santa Clara, or over at the Google HR dept.

Yeah that guy is definatley looking for more than the iPhone he lost! Article I read says the "former Apple employee" now says the phone was stolen!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just a wifi only owner here, but I figured that I'd be ok posting this.

Just got the first report that someones 3G shipped already over at apples forums.

Apple - Support - Discussions - SHIPPED 3G ...

Now I'll go hide in my corner and hopefully my intrusion will be forgiven. lol. :)

AAARGGGH, Now I have another forum that I have to watch!!!:p

Thanks for posting. Hopefully the person will post a screen shot of their shipment notification.

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recieved this notice from apple today at 9 am p.s.t.

CAN THIS BE TRUE?? IT HAS YET TO HIT MY ACCOUNT BUT THAT TAKES 24 HOURS
FINALLY THE WAIT IS LESSENING

WHOOOOOHOOO!!!!

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary

iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late

April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

PO number:

LA MESA CA Web order number: W69140847
Apple customer no: 900004

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CAN THIS BE TRUE?? IT HAS YET TO HIT MY ACCOUNT BUT THAT TAKES 24 HOURS
FINALLY THE WAIT IS LESSENING

WHOOOOOHOOO!!!!

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary

iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late

April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

PO number:

LA MESA CA Web order number: W69140847
Apple customer no: 900004

Just curious... How can you be customer 900004... When I'm customer 900004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts