What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to report that I cracked and bought the WiFi iPad at Best Buy today. I went to take a look and touch one while I wait for my 3G and they had one more 64g in stock. They have a 2 week return policy (don't get 30 days on computer equipment) and while I love it I am pretty sure that it will go back in favor of the 3G version. I know it will mean having no iPad for a period of time while I wait but I think it was worth it to get the edge off. I wish everyone in the support thread the best and will be back with you in two weeks.

-Greg
Not that I'd ever do this but..............you could take it back in 14 days and then buy another one on the way out of the store and take it back in 14 days if the 3G still isn't shipping etc, etc, etc.

Too bad Costco isn't selling iPads....then you could get a new one every 90 days :D

I'm getting dangerously close to doing the same damned thing. My therapist suggested that I buy one and then sell internationally - but I think there will be a glut after tomorrow. Yep - that's right. I had to start going to a therapist over this whole iPad thing. She says she's seeing 8 other patients with the same condition.

Can your therapist take more clients? :D Maybe she could do some group sessions over the net :D

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about the Q2 2010 report. How can that be? Q2 is April, May & June. You'll never see a Q2 report until after the quarter is over. I even saw an article on this - I'm mystified.

Now - I can see the Q1 report coming out with the Q2 estimate of sales or projections being made. The Q1 report, which ends with revenue collected as of March 31st may or may not include the iPad revenue depending of if they book the revenue when collected or when fulfilled. I would assume they would want to book the wifi revenue and the 3G revenue in different quarters so Wall St. sees a trend.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I'd ever do this but..............you could take it back in 14 days and then buy another one on the way out of the store and take it back in 14 days if the 3G still isn't shipping etc, etc, etc.

Too bad Costco isn't selling iPads....then you could get a new one every 90 days :D

I'm getting dangerously close to doing the same damned thing. My therapist suggested that I buy one and then sell internationally - but I think there will be a glut after tomorrow. Yep - that's right. I had to start going to a therapist over this whole iPad thing. She says she's seeing 8 other patients with the same condition.

Can your therapist take more clients? :D Maybe she could do some group sessions over the net :D

She might have to - I keep mentioning that I've got 2 orders placed - the 2nd is for her - she's actually a good friend who is going as nuts over this as we all are.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out!!!!

"UPDATE: Add this gem to the list, in response to an (admittedly overboard) customer complaint from Switzerland that accused Steve Jobs of “deliberately pulling the wool over the rest of the worlds [sic] eyes.â€
Are you nuts? We are doing the best we can. We need enough units to have a responsible and great launch.
ORIGINAL: We’re running out of clever things to say about Steve Jobs’ recent passion for taking over customer support at Apple, so we’ll just pass along his latest missives about the iPad 3G and its shipping status, US and international. The first one is fairly clear:
will there also be 3G models of the iPad released worldwide on the end of may or only the wifi models. Would be nice to know. Can’t wait.
Job’s answer:
Both models will be released at the end of May. Sorry for the delay
A question from iCuckoo Push [$0.99 - iTunes link] developer Manuel is where it gets trickier:
will the iPad 3G models still ship on time as planned (end of April) in the US, if I order one today? Or will the 3G US orders be postponed as well?
The response:
Yes.
Sent from my iPhone
Um, yes to the on time or yes to the postponed? Need. More. Words!"

UPDATED: Steve Jobs confirms iPad 3G to ship alongside International iPad Wi-Fi in May | TiPb

I don't buy it. Again - this is a very thin rumor that people are trying to make into news.

When Jobs announced the delay of the international shipments Apple immediately changed dates on their web site, began telling people the new pre-order dates - full disclosure.

I would think that, if Jobs were really changing the US shipping dates by moving them out a month he would have stood up - made the announcement - apologized all over the place - and offered $50 off each unit - or perhaps a $25 or $50 Apple store credit for everyone that keeps their order and fulfills it. They know darned well that holding people off until almost ship date and then changing their story and postponing would be disastrous to public relations and sales.

Besides - the new HP slate is scheduled to launch in June. Do you think Apple wants 250K pissed off customers out there still waiting for their iPad when HP comes out with the Windoze competitive product?

Logic says the late April date is still on - but we all know that it is troubling that we still don't have a firm date. Again - I'm leaning with the speculation that Apple wants to wait until the 2 week window is over and people can't return before announcing.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out!!!!

"UPDATE: Add this gem to the list, in response to an (admittedly overboard) customer complaint from Switzerland that accused Steve Jobs of “deliberately pulling the wool over the rest of the worlds [sic] eyes.”
Are you nuts? We are doing the best we can. We need enough units to have a responsible and great launch.
ORIGINAL: We’re running out of clever things to say about Steve Jobs’ recent passion for taking over customer support at Apple, so we’ll just pass along his latest missives about the iPad 3G and its shipping status, US and international. The first one is fairly clear:
will there also be 3G models of the iPad released worldwide on the end of may or only the wifi models. Would be nice to know. Can’t wait.
Job’s answer:
Both models will be released at the end of May. Sorry for the delay
A question from iCuckoo Push [$0.99 - iTunes link] developer Manuel is where it gets trickier:
will the iPad 3G models still ship on time as planned (end of April) in the US, if I order one today? Or will the 3G US orders be postponed as well?
The response:
Yes.
Sent from my iPhone
Um, yes to the on time or yes to the postponed? Need. More. Words!"

UPDATED: Steve Jobs confirms iPad 3G to ship alongside International iPad Wi-Fi in May | TiPb

I don't buy it. Again - this is a very thin rumor that people are trying to make into news.

When Jobs announced the delay of the international shipments Apple immediately changed dates on their web site, began telling people the new pre-order dates - full disclosure.

I would think that, if Jobs were really changing the US shipping dates by moving them out a month he would have stood up - made the announcement - apologized all over the place - and offered $50 off each unit - or perhaps a $25 or $50 Apple store credit for everyone that keeps their order and fulfills it. They know darned well that holding people off until almost ship date and then changing their story and postponing would be disastrous to public relations and sales.

Besides - the new HP slate is scheduled to launch in June. Do you think Apple wants 250K pissed off customers out there still waiting for their iPad when HP comes out with the Windoze competitive product?

Logic says the late April date is still on - but we all know that it is troubling that we still don't have a firm date. Again - I'm leaning with the speculation that Apple wants to wait until the 2 week window is over and people can't return before announcing.

When I spoke with the person at Apple.com yesterday, they said they WOULD be shipping the 3G iPad's in April.

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

People have got to be desperate to consider the blue screen of death OS on a HP, maker of one of the lowest quality laptops out there.

Last edited:

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

People have got to be desperate to consider the blue screen of death OS on a HP, maker of one of the lowest quality laptops out there.

Nicely put, 4phun.

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this thread. The wait is terrible! I have been ordering Apps, Skins, and Oberon leather designs will offer their Ipad Covers sometime in May. I'm hoping April 24 is "late April".

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyone on this thread (including me) has real issues. Do you guys realize that this is the largest thread on the entire forum by a significant margin?

This entire waiting game has played havoc on my nerves. I actually had a dream of my Ipad arriving. In my dream my wife and kids wanted to touch it and I got real upset about that. So upset in fact that I woke up and was glaring at her while she was innocently sleeping. In the morning she was like "what's wrong with you?". I had to keep reminding myself that it was only a dream.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has helped me withstand the long wait...

Make Your Own Cardboard iPad - iPadFreakz

Once finished, you can touch, swipe, pinch... And keep on waiting.

Sad, I know.:eek:

I have been going through the iPad apps on iTunes and downloading the ones that look good.

I also ordered a case from Amazon. Now the race is on to see whether the case ships, or the iPad ships. I'm rooting for the iPad, but I think the case is going to win :(

Last edited:

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has helped me withstand the long wait...

Make Your Own Cardboard iPad - iPadFreakz

Once finished, you can touch, swipe, pinch... And keep on waiting.

Sad, I know.:eek:

I have been going through the iPad apps on iTunes and downloading the ones that look good.

I also ordered a case from Amazon. Now the race is on to see whether the case ships, or the iPad ships. I'm rooting for the iPad, but I think the case is going to win :(

Been there, done that...

They "run" pretty good on my "iPad CG," tough. ;)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often wonder what life will be life after I get my iPad. I think it will be like a major disaster, where everyone feels attached to those who went through it with you, but slowly drift back into their normal lives.............Nah, we're talking iPad freaks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts