What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well easiest way to tell is to check ur credit cards to see when they get charged. Mine was a gift so I can't check the credit card, anyone notice the charges yet?

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gillette,
Go to your order page select "View Order Details", and at the bottom Left you will see shipping Method. Mine changed to Priority last night, ordered March 25th. No charge on my card as yet, just waiting for the "Shipped" notice to appear. waiting and waiting.....

Gillette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gillette,
Go to your order page select "View Order Details", and at the bottom Left you will see shipping Method. Mine changed to Priority last night, ordered March 25th. No charge on my card as yet, just waiting for the "Shipped" notice to appear. waiting and waiting.....

Got it...Thanks.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order changed from standard delivery to priority delivery overnight...

Something is about to happen. In many threads around the web, the idea of a 04/24 shipping (actual delivery?) is taking force.

Apple will release Q2 2010 results on 04/20, and it only makes sense to push the stock further up by starting delivering of 3g iPads on that week.

AT&T just placed a block on employee vacations for the month of June, a clear indication that iPhone 4G will be launched during that month.

So... This is how I played it:

I took $1,000 and bought 4 AAPL stock right after the day iPad was first shipped (04/05@235), and bought my iPad 3G with the 12-month free interest financing from the Apple Store. Every analyst is targeting AAPL to hit $300 by the end of this year. By the time my 0% period ends, I will have a profit of $260, and my 64GB iPad 3G will net at $569.

In other words, I waited for my iPad, but at least I had Steve Jobs working for me pushing that stock up and used Barclay's money to buy it.

Thanks for the discount Steve.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well easiest way to tell is to check ur credit cards to see when they get charged. Mine was a gift so I can't check the credit card, anyone notice the charges yet?

There was a preauthorization in the 'charges pending' section of my credit card account, but the amount is not yet billed.

FtrV8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed an order for the 16 gig 3G yesterday at 6 pm PST and it was charged right away and was standard shipping. Just checked it and now it says priority shipping. Fingers crossed!!!

Edited: I mean the funds were taken out immediately!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There was a preauthorization in the 'charges pending' section of my credit card account, but the amount is not yet billed.

That is good. They do that a couple days before they ship to make sure the funds are there.

It looks like your iPad 3G will be sent out this weekend. They charge your card when it ships. Don't forget they are halfway around the world which is a 13 hour flight to the USA.

BTW if Apple's China partner ships at 4PM their time on Saturday, it will be 4 AM on the East Coast of the USA. That is why you are likely to see a shipping notification early in the morning as it will be the end of their work day since they are 12 hours ahead of us on the same day. It is 4:16 AM Sat April 17 right now in China.

Last edited:

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is good. They do that a couple days before they ship to make sure the funds are there.

It looks like your iPad 3G will be sent out this weekend. They charge your card when it ships. Don't forget they are halfway around the world which is a 13 hour flight to the USA.

IF you have a pending charge for the full amount of the iPad, and IF they do that 2-3 days before actually shipping -it doesn't make sense to me, they should just charge when shipped- that means we will start receiving our iPads next week... Late April.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I placed an order for the 16 gig 3G yesterday at 6 pm PST and it was charged right away and was standard shipping. Just checked it and now it says priority shipping. Fingers crossed!!!

Apple does that as a test charge to make sure you are good for the money. They will reverse the transaction within three days.
I can not see the last 24 hours on my AMEX so I don't know if they are charging cards this weekend yet. I just looked.

Last edited:

FtrV8

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple does that as a test charge to make sure you are good for the money. They will reverse the tansatcion within three days.

Interesting! Thanks.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the pending news section of iPadForums.net as the National Security Administration Cyber Chief said today before Congress that he loves his new iPad.

Steve ought to send him a thank you note for that testimonial.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple does that as a test charge to make sure you are good for the money. They will reverse the tansatcion within three days.

Interesting! Thanks.

I don't understand the rationale behind placing a hold, then releasing it, and then charging again 1 or 2 weeks later...

Maybe you can explain?

From a business perspective, each transaction has a cost. I don't think Apple needs to see if you're "good for the money," hence incurring in additional costs. With an average of 300,000 iPads ordered online, I don't think Apple will swallow $30,000 just to see if their customers are "good for their money." They will just grab an iPad from the lot -based on a pre-printed packing slip, place an order fulfillment sticker in the package, and when scanned on its way out to the FedEx/UPS holding area, it will process the card on file. If you're "not good for your money," your iPad will stay there until you solve the issue (new credit card, etc.).

Again, if people are seeing posted transactions for the full amount of their iPad, shipment is imminent, at least based on common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts