What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that the Apple chatline CSRs have any inside information on ship dates: they have scripted responses to those questions. However, an onslaught persistent questioning just might move Apple to release further information...

Or it could have the effect of angering key people which would adversely affect us all.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that the Apple chatline CSRs have any inside information on ship dates: they have scripted responses to those questions. However, an onslaught persistent questioning just might move Apple to release further information...

Or it could have the effect of angering key people which would adversely affect us all.

Yes, I can just hear the IPad product manager sitting in his office, saying "I'll teach those damn 3G customers to question my judgement! I'll delay 3G launch till hell freezes over and that will show them to take what they get and like it!"

IEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy, fellow sufferers! Just checked my shipping status. "priority shipping." Houston - do we have movement?

Where is my valium??

Now I am wondering if I should change to a 32 gb????
How do you get the assigned names under your user ID name? Right about now - mine would be IPAD Crazy!

Dana
(Now IEwok - formerly DanaNgidhu

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Uh...they really want our money so trust me, nothing that we do will get them to delay shipping any longer than necessary.

offroadjeeps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the priority shipping depends on when you pre-ordered or where you live. I pre-ordered on March 29, and I live in New York.

Do the iPads get shipped from China to New York and then on from there, or do they ship to California and then on from there?

I would also suggest that people get on the chat line with Apple and start asking questions. According to the person that I spoke with last night, they will be shipping this month, but I couldn't get a definite answer as to when it would arrive. Maybe someone could ask "I am buying an iPad as a gift for someones birthday, if I order today, will it arrive before May 15th"? If they answer yes, then someone else can ask about May 14th and so on.

Does anyone know what Steve's email address is? Is it just [email protected]? Maybe should all start asking questions there?

If you find out ANYTHING no matter how trivial it sounds PLEASE post it here!!! Some of us are just hanging on and need all the encouragement that we can get! :D

I'm pretty sure "Priority" with Fedex is considered Delivery by Next Business Day!

MoxyOron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weekend arrival again?

Anyone know if it is going to arrive on a Saturday like the original shipment?
I've got mine shipping to my work- but i'd want to change that to ship to my home if it's gonna arrive on a Saturday.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is going to arrive on a Saturday like the original shipment?
I've got mine shipping to my work- but i'd want to change that to ship to my home if it's gonna arrive on a Saturday.

Don't know yet - I think the biggest problem is that we don't have a date. If you want to guarantee delivery will be Saturday - leave the address as your business. If you want delivery to be a weekday - change it to home. Murphy is alive and well operating within this little venture we've got going.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A while back, I was convinced that we would get the iPad 3G this weekend because common sense told me that Apple could not support a 3G rollout and international rollout at the same time. Well, I was right about that. Unfortunately, I was wrong that it meant we would get our 3Gs this weekend. It meant that they would move the international rollout to May. Jobs is the greatest marionette master on earth. He pulls the strings on so many of us.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure "Priority" with Fedex is considered Delivery by Next Business Day!

FedEx Priority Overnight® Shipping with Saturday Delivery: Available in most areas. If you need your order to arrive on a Saturday you may upgrade to this

April 17 would be tomorrow's Saturday - unlikely
April 24 would be the last Saturday in April - possible IMHO

This stuff goes to Alaska first on the way to the USA. How many volcanoes does Alaska have?

Marketing 101

This weekend is round two of Wi-Fi with Best Buy running iPad on front page of Sunday ad.

Next week would be prefect to stoke the excitement by releasing 3G to retail stores for weekend sales.
But Steve might want to wait until everyone gets their social security checks and food stamps before releasing 3G.
That would push the release up to May first which is also a Saturday - HIGHLY LIKELY IMHO.
Shipping on Friday April 30 is late April and true to web site statement.
Follow May 1 3G excitement with a second sale one week later on May 8.
Finally start taking orders from Europe on Monday May 10.

Last edited:

Reestemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

So glad to be a part of a wonderfully insane group! I just checked my shipping status and still says "standard". Very disappointed, it would have given me a glimmer of hope that possibly it was coming soon. But no fear, I'll check it every 1/2 hour! I just ordered on Monday, so we'll see what happens--will keep you guys informed too! :eek:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might be able to buy the date, but the food stamps and social security checks I don't buy. I don't think that fits the profile of the average technogeek sitting on this web site waiting for their pre-ordered iPad. No offense to retirees or folks struggling economically (as more and more people are every day) -- but I would think people on fixed or minimal incomes wouldn't be first in line to drop money on an iPad.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,
Been enjoying this forum and thought I would add my 2 cents for what it is worth. I ordered a 64Gb 3G on March 12 along with a case. From the beginning the iPad showed shipping as late April and the case showed 3 April. The case arrived as stated on 3 April. Starting in the middle of the week order showed "being prepared for shipment" and then on 2 April showed shipped and I received an e-mail with tracking info. Case was shipped from Memphis, so I assume that Apple has warehouses across the US. I did not expect to receive iPad this week since this is middle of April (would have been great) but hope the 24th of April will be considered late April. If in the middle of this week I start seeing "being prepared for shipment", I will start getting very anxious. Shipping shows priority now. I hope we get some good news soon, the pressure is killing me. :confused:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might be able to buy the date, but the food stamps and social security checks I don't buy. I don't think that fits the profile of the average technogeek sitting on this web site waiting for their pre-ordered iPad. No offense to retirees or folks struggling economically (as more and more people are every day) -- but I would think people on fixed or minimal incomes wouldn't be first in line to drop money on an iPad.

Actually our economy on a monthly scale moves in cycles.

First week lots of money as the federal checks role in and those paid bi weekly get paid.

Second week not as much, sales fall off.

Third week an uptick as another round of bi weekly checks role in.

Fourth week sales drop off dramatically as the economy is drained.

Rinse and repeat!

Fluctuations occur due to holidays, like our upcoming Memorial Day Holiday on May 21 , then July 4 etc.

A big boost this May will be the $18 Billion Jobless Benefits Bill

That will buy a lot of iPads, drugs etc. as the cash circulates through the economy during May 2010. If Apple was smart they would make an all out effort to reap some of that money. Oh wait they just announced they would by holding the all iPads meant for Europe for sale in the USA. May BTW is the month many get their tax refunds in. That is an added boast to the economy in May and the reason for killer sales on the May 21 weekend.

It was not an accident that Apple choose April 10 to role out the iPad. That marked the end of the first full week where cash was injected into the economy for the month of April 2010. Just because you don't get food stamps etc doesn't mean you are not affected by the cycle.

Last edited:

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marketing 101

This weekend is round two of Wi-Fi with Best Buy running iPad on front page of Sunday ad.

Next week would be prefect to stoke the excitement by releasing 3G to retail stores for weekend sales.
But Steve might want to wait until everyone gets their social security checks and food stamps before releasing 3G.
That would push the release up to May first which is also a Saturday - HIGHLY LIKELY IMHO.
Shipping on Friday April 30 is late April and true to web site statement.
Follow May 1 3G excitement with a second sale one week later on May 8.
Finally start taking orders from Europe on Monday May 10.

Marketing 201 - You don't market a high end luxury product to individuals on food stamps or fixed incomes. Do you really think that someone whose sole source of income is derived from government assistance is considering purchasing an Ipad?

This product is aimed at individuals with discretionary income and/or individuals with limited discretionary income and room on their credit cards. :D

I'm assuming this post was a joke....right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts