What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I feel the hold up is AT&T's and not apple's. Apple's production of the 3G's would have been part of their plan so I can't beleive that is the cause for the wait. AT&T must be ramping up their marketing campaign along with fortifying their systems to allow for the 500k+ people sucking data from their systems on the first day. Thats a huge load for any company so they are just getting everything ready to go so we can get data from day one with no issues. Well...it's At&T so we are definitely going to have issues but not huge ones...hopefully.

Stop thinking!

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stop thinking!

Good strategy! :D

I am going to adopt it as well. I am back on the wagon having teased myself with a wifi iPad that I have decided not to keep due to needing 3G. I have to admit that I wanted to be happy with the wifi and cancel my 3G order but those times when I wanted to connect but couldn't were pretty glaring. Starting tomorrow I will be in serious withdrawal! At least I know for sure that 3G was the right choice. Hold on all, the 3G version of the iPad will be worth the wait!

-Greg

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is too much "Real life" going on in my life right now. I could use a new toy to "take me away"..........where are you my new toy???

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Apple has always stated end of April and has not changed. Whereas, the buyers want to know precisely what hour and minute the delivery truck is going to get to them. It is a human foible that I fervently detest. But I do it anyway.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Apple has always stated end of April and has not changed. Whereas, the buyers want to know precisely what hour and minute the delivery truck is going to get to them. It is a human foible that I fervently detest. But I do it anyway.

So...what are trying to say? That I have a problem? Hold on...let me refresh my order status screen...brb

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think the problem is that we are pretty used to loose estimates changing. They said March for the original release but then it was pushed to April. Until they announced the push there was no firm date. Until I see a firm date I have no trust that it will be in April.

The best theory I have heard is that they want to pass the 2week return period before making a firm announcement to avoid risk of returns. That would imply we should have some information early next week.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is too much "Real life" going on in my life right now. I could use a new toy to "take me away"..........where are you my new toy???

OMG me too. I need a good distraction that will take me a away for a while.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I am more worried that the date will get pushed back. If I have a firm date, then I think that is less likely to happen. But right now, I am not convinced it will be in April until I see a date. If it gets pushed back for any reason, then I sadly think I would have to cancel :(

Reestemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am right with all of you! It's extremly painful.... Keep check anything I can hoping to find that release date. I would assume we that Preordered would be the first to receive??? Can time go any slower???

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am right with all of you! It's extremly painful.... Keep check anything I can hoping to find that release date. I would assume we that Preordered would be the first to receive??? Can time go any slower???

Welcome to the forum Reestemple...and welcome to the obsession!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs confirms iPad 3G to ship alongside International iPad Wi-Fi in May | TiPb

The important text from the message:

Will the iPad 3G models still ship on time as planned (end of April) in the US, if I order one today? Or will the 3G US orders be postponed as well?
The response:
Yes.

Assume that Yes means means it will be released as planned!

-Greg

I think we can take it that yes mean that it will be released in the US as planned. I just wish he would have given a better date then "Late April" It seems like they should know by now exactly when they will ship.

There really hasn't been a delay though. They said from the start that the 3G's would be 30 days after the wi-fi, so if they come out on the 24th, then they will actually be early!

I did find out that my credit card will send me an email when the balance goes over a set amount, so I set that up. I figure that Apple will charge my cc before they change the status on the site, so that will probably be my first clue that something is happening.

It won't be long now!:p

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The shipping method on my Apple store order page for the 3g has changed from 'standard' to 'priority'. Otherwise still 'late april' for a ship date.

offroadjeeps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Apple iPad case today. I'm not sure how many more times I can pick it up and stare at it before going el loco. Ive been holding it practicing one handed, two handed, landscape, swiping... oops did I just say that out loud.:eek::comingsoon::ipad-back:

offroadjeeps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The shipping method on my Apple store order page for the 3g has changed from 'standard' to 'priority'. Otherwise still 'late april' for a ship date.

Good observation, I don't think I would have noticed. Its the little things I don't always notice. Good Job. Thanks. Must mean movement is about to happen. Ole Steve probably told logistics, have these units rushed out as soon as they come out of production. Go Apple!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Good observation, I don't think I would have noticed. Its the little things I don't always notice. Good Job. Thanks. Must mean movement is about to happen. Ole Steve probably told logistics, have these units rushed out as soon as they come out of production. Go Apple!

Or it could mean that Apple is going to push back the ship date and say "Look, we're upgrading your shipping to make up for it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts