What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok all.. I've decided to wait it out. I really want a date, but it's my own frustration and anger that would make me cancel it. At least I can come here and whine...ANd then yesterday...what happens??? I drop my iphone 3gs and the screen smashed. Phone still works like a charm - but the glass is smashed. 70 to repair it. ugh....ok I think - Ill just send it out, no phone for 3-4 days is ok...but what do I do??? Lose my Debit card...now I can't even send it out till I get a new debit card (dont use credit cards)....UGH!!! ok..now I'm asking for sympathy and pity....lmao

Wow, when it rains it pours huh? Don't worry, good thing is you used up all your bad luck for the next 3 months. Should be smooth sailing from here on out. Who knows, maybe you'll get a surprise package delivery with your ipad. I wish i would.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out today that AT&T is in the testing stage of 3G in my area. It will become active on the 23rd. I do not know if that is an omen or what. Verizon, Sprint, and Cellular One have had 3G for a while already.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HA! used up my bad luck? I am the definition of bad luck...lol..but I also have so many blessings in my life that I need to concentrate on the good stuff - like my IPAD!!! Where is it?????lmao

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HA! used up my bad luck? I am the definition of bad luck...lol..but I also have so many blessings in my life that I need to concentrate on the good stuff - like my IPAD!!! Where is it?????lmao
Well, at least you know what your 3G will cost you as well as who's the service provider and at what price!
In Canada it's still nada...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might help your cause.
It’s hard to estimate exactly how many people have any problem at all here. For what it’s worth, my iPad’s Wi-Fi connection has been nearly flawless. I have had occasional problems with streaming video when I am in a different room from the router. But these are intermittent; a hour later all will be well. To be fair, I have had similar problems with my MacBook Pro.
On Thursday, I asked my Twitter followers to let me know if they’ve had any of the reported symptoms. The number of people who confirmed having a problem? Zero.
Bear in mind that more than 450,00 iPads have been sold. Compare that to the 300 or so people reporting a problem on Apple’s Discussions Boards. For the sake of argument, let’s guess that the real number of people having a problem is more like 50X the 300 number. That’s 15,000 problem iPads (which is probably a worst case scenario). Admittedly, this is a number you wouldn’t want to ignore. But it’s also only a little more than 3 percent of all iPad owners. And this assumes that all of these people have correctly diagnosed the iPad as the primary cause of the problem.
Bottom line: If you buy an iPad, there’s a risk you’ll have a Wi-Fi related problem. That’s true. But at least for now, it appears that the risk is small, easy-to-implement workarounds exist, and a true fix should not require any hardware modifications

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the only silver lining in this seadog, the 3G's should be getting extra attention so hopefully they will catch the ones that have any hardware issues.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok all.. I've decided to wait it out. I really want a date, but it's my own frustration and anger that would make me cancel it. At least I can come here and whine...ANd then yesterday...what happens??? I drop my iphone 3gs and the screen smashed. Phone still works like a charm - but the glass is smashed. 70 to repair it. ugh....ok I think - Ill just send it out, no phone for 3-4 days is ok...but what do I do??? Lose my Debit card...now I can't even send it out till I get a new debit card (dont use credit cards)....UGH!!! ok..now I'm asking for sympathy and pity....lmao

Wow, when it rains it pours huh? Don't worry, good thing is you used up all your bad luck for the next 3 months. Should be smooth sailing from here on out. Who knows, maybe you'll get a surprise package delivery with your ipad. I wish i would.

They've got to bill our cards before they ship - and that usually happens about 3 to 5 business days before shipping.

They do need to get a date out there quickly - or people are going to start canceling orders.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm kind of optimistic that by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week we will see the order status change to preparing to ship. The apple case i ordered says it will ship by the 15th and arrive on the 20th. I know, grasping at straws again...

Skyhawk9SP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK...Here is something to think about. Originally, My ship date for the Keyboard & Dock was Late April. On the Apple site last night I noticed the heading changed to prepared to ship, Today, credit card indicates a charge pending and now I receive a tracking number arrival date scheduled for April 14th.

Also, my case also indicated shipping on April 15th for delivery on April 20th. The status is now prepared for shipment and the credit card has another charge pending. I expect to see a tracking number this afternoon. BTW, my son received his case on Tuesday.

Speculate on the IPAD WiFi + 3G delivery all you want because I am. :)

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh? How does accessories shipping have anything to do with 3g shipping?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my case yesterday - and my doc on Tuesday. I have my dock mounted in my case - sitting on my TV. I am a wreck! I'm just sitting here on my couch - admiring my doc and case - empty bottle of gin in my lap - pretzels strewn across the carpet in my living room - 2 week growth of beard on my face. Maybe I should sue Apple?

------------------------------------

OK that's it - I've called an attorney. I have an appointment on Tuesday. My attorney explained that Steve Jobs is like one of those characters on the original Star Trek - who derives pleasure and life force off of the suffering of others. He said I'm like the guy with the different colored shirt - and we have to put a stop to this!

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my case yesterday - and my doc on Tuesday. I have my dock mounted in my case - sitting on my TV. I am a wreck! I'm just sitting here on my couch - admiring my doc and case - empty bottle of gin in my lap - pretzels strewn across the carpet in my living room - 2 week growth of beard on my face. Maybe I should sue Apple?

------------------------------------

OK that's it - I've called an attorney. I have an appointment on Tuesday. My attorney explained that Steve Jobs is like one of those characters on the original Star Trek - who derives pleasure and life force off of the suffering of others. He said I'm like the guy with the different colored shirt - and we have to put a stop to this!

I'm a vodka man myself and I already have a beard. Give me your attorneys name though. Class action lawsuit for "Late April" pain and suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts