What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 features a new input system. You can swipe your thumb upwards when you place it on the keyboard, the keyboard will then rise upwards and split to the left and right side of the screen. Pics are available on Engadget.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the core OS is completely unchanged. Still a massive waste of screen real estate. They copied Androids notification system. They copied Blackberry's BBM. And this is the momentous update? Color me completely unimpressed. I am sure that it will do a couple neato things with airplay and twitter, but as a core OS they are sticking with pages of icons? I mean seriously?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
iOS 5 features a new input system. You can swipe your thumb upwards when you place it on the keyboard, the keyboard will then rise upwards and split to the left and right side of the screen. Pics are available on Engadget.

I am going to update to the beta and see if I can get that on ios 4.3.3. Screw around with filesystem and stuff. Fun!

Curious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Make ipad 3 waterproof
2. Better performance
3. 100% touch pctablet - no buttons.
4. Face, voice (fingerprint) recognition instead of pass-code lock
5. Touchpad on the back of ipad for extra game/multitouch features (hints: psp ngp)

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious said:
1. Make ipad 3 waterproof
2. Better performance
3. 100% touch pctablet - no buttons.
4. Face, voice (fingerprint) recognition instead of pass-code lock
5. Touchpad on the back of ipad for extra game/multitouch features (hints: psp ngp)

Love most of the suggestions except the fingerprint recognition....not a very clever function I have found in the past, sometimes it has taken me up to 10 swipes to get recognised on other devices, maybe Apple can do it better.

Post no. 1 I see....welcome.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More storage: I've hit a wall with 32GB after less than three months of use. The iPod classic has a 160GB capacity. Such a capacity, and even greater storage capacities, should be an option, especially as the iPad functions as a secondary computer for a lot of people.

I'd also like to see better speakers and a better camera as well.

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bigger screen would be nice but my biggest want is a USB port. One that would allow output and input of files so you could use a portable hard drive. I don't think flash is necessary. I've only had my iPad for a month but I don't really have a problem not having flash.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
breezur said:
A bigger screen would be nice but my biggest want is a USB port. One that would allow output and input of files so you could use a portable hard drive. I don't think flash is necessary. I've only had my iPad for a month but I don't really have a problem not having flash.

I doubt Apple will even do a USB port....but it would be nice! What would be even better is if the charging port and cord allowed for 2 way transfer of files from computer iPad and vice versa. Without the need for iTunes.

I don't really want a bigger screen...the device is plenty big right now and I think it would get a little unwieldy if it were any bigger.

My biggest wish is that Apple would allow even more customization than we get with JBing. Maybe an option on their website to build your own iPad - choose your storage, your processor, screen type (retina or not), casing, color, included apps, etc...like you can do when you purchase a laptop. Replaceable battery and ability to add storage. But it will probably never happen. Other companies actually offer some of these options, but I just can't get past the differences in quality. The iPad has its limitations but I have yet to find a touch screen as equally responsive.

Plus, there's always that smug feeling you get when people see you have an actual iPad and not one of the many clones! LOL. Kidding. But seriously, my iPad is always in its case and people ask me all the time, "Is it a REAL iPad?" No, I'm pathetic loser who carries around a fake iPad I made out of papier mâché to make people believe I'm that cool. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts