What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 +seagate satellite + go pro hd2 hero + video editing

Czapski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The topic title is my main focus for this purchase. I have done some research on programs but they all have mixed reviews. Which programs are the best for

Watching movies of all formats with the seagate?
Best for video editing?

While I'm making this post, there was a program I read that lets you use Microsoft office and flash all in 1 program but I can't find the name at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Even other very useful programs I should have as well. Thank you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Onlive Desktop Plus will let you open a Windows-like desktop on your iPad and then use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, as well as IE with Flash. I was able to stream a movie off Amazon.com which uses flash in the browser.

I had the seagate..but I sent it back. The software was a big disappointment. There is supposed to be a major software update coming this month which promise to improve things. I plan to take a second look at it soon. I like AVPlayerHD for watching movies of any format on the iPad, but I don't know if it will play from the seagate. AS I recall, the seagate uses the built in player on the iPad to play movies, but memory fades over time so I might be wrong.

I don't know which is best for editing videos..but iMovie isn't too costly...so you can certain give her a rip without putting too much on the line...

Oh..there is a free version of Online..the plus version is $5/mo. The paid version gives you priority access to their servers...I think that's important if you plan do get some work done. It also gives you dropbox access. Both versions give you 2GB of free cloud storage, IIRC.

Most reactions