What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Returned for Full Refund

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As I previously said in several threads I'm completely satisfied with my iPad 3.
It does exactly what I want and I thoroughly enjoy it............also, I have no complaints with Apple releasing a new model so quickly.

With that said...
I thought for the heck of it I'd call the apple store where I purchased it and see what they say about upgrading to the iPad 4.
If I could upgrade to the iPad 4 with no additional cost to me it would be silly not to.

Stats...
9/23/12: Purchased iPad 3 (32GB) @ Mall of America Apple Store
10/3/12: Exchanged @ Apple store for iPad 3 (64GB)....$100 upgrade plus I also purchased AppleCare +
10/24/12: After calling I returned iPad 3 (64GB) for full refund....they also refunded my $99 for AppleCare + :D

No questions were asked....they completely refunded all money spent in full.

I will now order an iPad 4 (64GB) as soon as possible (supposed to be able to pre-order on Friday 10/26). :thumbs:

Last edited:

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's good stuff, I did the same I bought a 16 then returned it for a 32, it's still within the 30 days but I'm good ima hold for a week or two then pre order me an ipad mini and keep both my mini and my 3

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No questions were asked....they completely refunded all money spent in full.

I will now order an iPad 4 (64GB) as soon as possible (supposed to be able to pre-order on Friday 10/26). :thumbs:

I guess you can't really beat that for a deal. Much more difficult to do that in my city as we have no official Apple store here. And some of the morons in the several accredited Apple resalers here wouldn't have a clue about what I was talking about a swap.

Well done. I guess we'll be seeing you on the Ipad 4 forum soon?:D
Regards, Andrew

OP
buerkletucson

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well done. I guess we'll be seeing you on the Ipad 4 forum soon?:D
Regards, Andrew

Thanks....
If it would of cost me anything I would of said forget it as it wouldn't of been worth it for me.
But if it's an even trade up then it's a no-brainer.

Yup, I'll have to change my bookmarks to iPad4 forum. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good for you. I would have done the same, but I'm totally happy since I have been using mine every day since I got it in March 2012.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really?.. It's no return.. No exchange her in our country! Even in apple store.. So it's really hard to upgrade a new device when you want it! And it's very expensive her because of taxes.... ...

elise loh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is such refund or upgrading thingy applicable in Malaysia...?plzzz n plzzz reply me n let me know..for I jus bought ipad 3 on 14-10-12....

OP
buerkletucson

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 5 will be out in 4-5 months, I can wait to upgrade my 3 at that time.

Reliable source?
A lot of debate here............many feel this is their new release time-frame for the iPad.
It may be another year before you see the iPad 5.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Reliable source?
A lot of debate here............many feel this is their new release time-frame for the iPad.
It may be another year before you see the iPad 5.

My reliable source has told me that it will be released in October and not March.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt there is a reliable source for this kind of info. Apple will roll out the next version of the iPad whenever the competition seems the be gaining ground if they have the ability. It may well be next October, but it certainly could be sooner if Apple perceives that they can profit from a release sooner than that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple and only Apple has the answers to the time line for release of any products. The 4 th generation iPad was a speed bump with a few add ons. Based on the history one could expect the next update around March 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Apple and only Apple has the answers to the time line for release of any products. The 4 th generation iPad was a speed bump with a few add ons. Based on the history one could expect the next update around March 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew about the mini iPad prior to release and knew the scheduled release date because I know analysts who work for apple. They may not know what the product looks like, even though I do know someone who is testing one of several versions of the next iPhone who won't tell me a thing, but they do know when the product is scheduled for realise.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
I knew about the mini iPad prior to release and knew the scheduled release date because I know analysts who work for apple. They may not know what the product looks like, even though I do know someone who is testing one of several versions of the next iPhone who won't tell me a thing, but they do know when the product is scheduled for realise.

That would be release lol.

Most reactions