What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 - Dropbox Page Numbers

bwt20racer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. Just getting into this iPad phenomenon here. Need some advice, please.

My CEO is having issues with his Dropbox on iPad. We have 12 iPads here and his is the only one having this issue.

When you open up a document in Dropbox from the iPad 3, at the top left instead of showing "page numbers" when you scroll down the page (page 1, page 2, etc.) his Dropbox document shows a "Page and Magnifying Glass". On all of the other iPads when you scroll on a .pdf document, it shows page 1, page 2, page 3 etc.

Can anyone assist me on this? I'm a 14 year hands on PC Tech and am baffled here. :)

Thanks,

~ Jeff

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the top left corner of the doc while in Dropbox there should be a lil "greater/less then arrow". That hides the file extensions.

Sent from my AT&T iPad Mini 16gb

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It probably a difference in app versions. Sounds like your CEO is using the latest version, while your other users may not have updated. Check under the settings icon (gear) in the app to see the version. The current version is 2.1.2.

If the icons are the ones I'm thinking of, the page (square) icon gives you a quick thumbnail view of the document's pages. The magnifying glass is for text searches in the document. If you have bookmarks set in the document, you'll get a list icon as well, for a quick menu of the bookmarks.

Tapping once in the center of the document will make this set of icons appear/disappear.

I was unable to find any way to change the behavior of DropBox's PDF view.

image-2306559352.jpg

The Box app does show page numbers (in roughly the same place) as you scroll. Though I doubt that has anything to do with your issue.

Last edited:

Most reactions