What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 charging time

ingott77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

We have been using our ipad3 since opening the box on 16th morning and it was charged just over 90%. It now showing about 16% so I have had it on charge now for about 2 hours and its only up to 25%. Is this normal ? Or does a first charge take a long time ?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I'm reading on the Interwebz is that, because the battery is so much bigger, it's going to take longer to charge.

Since I charge over night, that doesn't affect me. But you just may want to keep that in mind - no "quick charging" for a little bit before you run out the door...

Marilyn

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 takes over 6 hours to fully charge. This is normal behavior. No quick charges with iPad batteries.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some experimenting. If you use a non-iPad charger, it will take forever to charge this model. Normal charging is going to take almost twice the time the iPad 2 needed. For those really worried, the larger battery and retina screen are going to add a dime to your electric bill.:)

OP
I

ingott77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick replies !! So will give this baby a full charge first. BTW been reading through the forum some good advice on here for apps and how to get the best from our device.

All the best

Ingott

johnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The new iPad indeed is not that fast in charging the battery. I created a post which may be of help to charge it extra fast:

[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal web site/blog. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

I hope it will be of help to anyone! If you have any feedback, please comment :)

Regards,

John.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnz said:
Hey guys,

The new iPad indeed is not that fast in charging the battery. I created a post which may be of help to charge it extra fast:

[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal web site/blog. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

I hope it will be of help to anyone! If you have any feedback, please comment :)

Regards,

John.

You could always post your instructions directly in this thread,without using a not allowed link.

Most reactions

Latest posts