What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2018

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad Air. Would I notice much difference between it and the new 2018 iPad? There are going to be some good sales on the 2018 next week and I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade or not.

JoanneWillian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2018 iPad can be your candidate if you are using an iPad Air. The new iPad has better processing power than its old iPad models, including the iPad Air. In fact, It surpasses the improvements seen in the 2017 update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a iPad Air. Would I notice much difference between it and the new 2018 iPad? There are going to be some good sales on the 2018 next week and I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade or not.

Hello Nightowl - completely agree w/ the other posters, i.e. time for a new iPad - I just upgraded from an Air 2 to the newest 11" Pro (my battery on the Air 2 was only 50% healthy giving me poor run time, so maybe a consideration in your decision).

Just put together an abbreviated chart below (Source) - your old Air was first announced in 2013; the 2018 iPad has updated chips (A7s vs. A10s), twice the RAM, and a better back camera; plus, Touch ID is a feature, which I loved on the Air 2 (my Pro has facial ID) - the storage will be a decision to make (not sure what you have now and what your needs may be, but if in doubt, then go w/ the 128GB, unless your budget is an issue?) - good luck; finally, add AppleCare. Dave

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.13.50 PM.png

OP
N

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a new one on black Friday. I can't believe they were only $250. I notice a big difference over the air. Very smooth and fast.

Most reactions