What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wont't rotate

sgtpet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been happening periodically but now it is constant. It won't rotate. I have done all of the troubleshooting from apple forums. Any other advice besides bringing it to an apple store please advise.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the small button on the top right side of you iPad switched on. there is a dual purpose for this button, one is locking the screen position so it doesn't rotate.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen will not rotate if not somewhat vertical... not lying flat.

OP
S

sgtpet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rlapoint said:
Is the small button on the top right side of you iPad switched on. there is a dual purpose for this button, one is locking the screen position so it doesn't rotate.

That button is not causing it to happen.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check in your settings and you can adjust the toggle switch settings to either mute or rotation lock.
To check first toggle the lock switch on the right hand side next to the volume buttons.
If this produces a bell on the screen this is set to mute.
Now double tap the home button (bottom) and the multi tasking bar will load up, now swipe right and the iPod controls will show, next to that should be a button to the far left with a arrow rotating. Hit that and hopefully this will resolve your rotation issues.

Digigh001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad won't rotate I have tried all the answers above and is still not working any more ideas? Can an upgrade cause this problem?

Most reactions

Latest posts