What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Will Go Onsale Online at 1AM PT On March 11

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_launch.JPG

Apple Announced today that the iPad 2 will be going on sale first at the online Apple Store tomorrow from 1AM in the morning Pacific Time. If you’d actually rather get along to any of the 236 Apple Retail Stores in the US in person to buy the little beauty, then you'll have to wait until 5PM local time to get one there. As with the launch of the first iPad, if you buy your iPad 2 at an Apple Retail Store, you’ll be offered a personal setup service, which will help you to customise your iPad 2 by setting up email and loading new apps from the App Store, with the aim of having it up and running before you leave the store. And yes, while this might sound like second nature to many, don't forget that there will hopefully be a lot of iPad and Apple first-time buyers who might be a little bewildered by the whole thing and will doubtless really appreciate the free service.

The iPad 2 will also be available from 5PM at AT&T, Best Buy, Target, Verizon Wireless, Walmart and selected Apple Authorised Resellers.

And don’t fret, people who live outside of the US! On March 25, the iPad 2 will be available in the following countries, and then in many more countries after that at a later date:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK

Source: Apple

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is your source?

I have been receiving a lot of conflicting information.

Yesterday, I called Apple and they told me it would be available 12:00 A.M. pacific time Friday. Earlier today, I spoke with people already on line at one of the Apple stores in NYC. They told me that it would be available at apple.com at 12:00 A.M. New York (Eastern Standard) Time. They advised me to not bother as they told me that apple.com would be unable to handle the traffic and would either crash or be unresponsive. 5 minutes ago, I chatted (online chat) with a rep from apple.com who told me that she had no idea when it would be available, but suggested I watch this page for the "official" announcement:

Apple - Hot News

I appreciate the info, but would like verification. Can you provide a link to your source?

Thanks

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is full of poop as it is now 1:13 A.M. pacific time and the Ipad is still not available in apple.com. They did however remove the 1:00 A.M. text from their Marh 11th announcement on the apple news page.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered my iPad. White AT&T 32 gig wifi 3G with pink smart cover

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't figure how to edit or delete my posts, but at exactly 1:15 A.M. Pacific time, their page changed and I ordered the unit. I am awaiting an email confirm and am awaiting to see the charge hit my cc.

Most reactions