What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 WiFi not connecting

superbaba808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 32g Wifi. I've had it for 2 weeks and love it. I've been experiencing small, "quirks" ie screen not scrolling immediately, crashes, etc. A simple restart had been fixing those. However today my Wifi stopped working. I keep getting a message that says, "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet." I cannot check my email as well. I have full bars and even notice that the bars will "go down" if I'm in an area that doesn't get good reception. I get the same message at my local Starbucks as well as my home network. I have tried, restarting, resetting the network, "resetting all", as well as a "complete restore", and I still get the same message. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help and advise.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't mention one important thing. Retyping the password for the WiFi.
Sometimes, the iPAD may forget the password.
If it is OK it will put a
V" sign there.
Try check on a Public WiFi at your local Cafe, which does not need a password

OP
S

superbaba808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks peled. It turns out that there was nothing wrong with the iPad. I just needed to reset my wifi modem at home. I figured it wasn't working at the local Starbucks because the day I was there, there was a lot of people on their computers at that location. Either way it is working just fine now, but I did want to say thank you for responding to my thread. Cheers!

wisniak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same issue. It won't connect to one specific router at home, but it does connect w/o any problems to the other routers at home.
My iPhone 3GS connects everywhere.
All my routers share the same password, so I'm certain I'm using the correct one.

Most reactions