What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB stuck in recovery mode

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@vai, sir what version of TU are you using? the latest 5.00.12? i already tried that process and it didnt work.. im figuring out the PING for the terminal.. maybe thats my prob this is what the terminal says when im trying to get the pin "64 bytes from 17.112.176.11:" its 64 bytes.. the correct is 32 bytes? any idea how to lower the byte?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be impossible for you to get a 1013 if you followed the process above exactly as laid out. Why you would be pinging anything is beyond me..., but if you must, ping gs.apple.com and tell me what you get...

OP
B

blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried every possible solution to restore iPad but everything failed. Sent for replacement to apple and got a new one :ipad-front: Problem solved lol.

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64 bytes from 17.112.176.11: this is what pops out othere says that it should be 32bytes.. mine is 64bytes, so im guessing is that its the cause of my problem.. i already tried 3 devices (macbook white, macbook pro, mac mini.) all of the are signing the same ping with 64bytes.. i wish apple would fix this..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
64 bytes from 17.112.176.11: this is what pops out othere says that it should be 32bytes.. mine is 64bytes, so im guessing is that its the cause of my problem.. i already tried 3 devices (macbook white, macbook pro, mac mini.) all of the are signing the same ping with 64bytes.. i wish apple would fix this..

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. There is nothing for Apple to fix. A ping will quite happily return 64 bytes of data, it isn't tied to 32. You maybe need to gain some knowledge of networking and the ping command and what it does.

Ping uses ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) packets. The packet from the origin computer is called an "ICMP_echo_request", and the response from the target is called an "ICMP_echo_reply". Each packet contains by default either 32 or 64 bytes of data and 8 bytes of protocol reader information, but ping can be configured at the command line to use different sized packets.

Rather than concentrating on ping, which is the wrong thing to do, make sure you are DFU mode and you are NOT using TinyUmbrella. You should not get 1013 with this setup.

Last edited:

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i still cant update/restore my ipad 2 gsm model.. damn!!.. im getting irritated, hopefully apple would fix this problem..

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i already tried restoring it w/o TU and same error, what ever i do still error 1013 pops out at the last min. of restoration.. maybe the only thing that i can do is to restore my ipad on someone else pc/mac because i used up 4 different computers (mac mini, HP laptop, MBpro, Mbwhite) still same error.. BTW thanks for the ping info i really appreciate it

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just open TU, click on the advanced tab, check, then uncheck the box "set hosts to cydia on exit" and close TU. Reboot computer. Then, put iPad into DFU mode, iTunes will want to restore, and just click restore. Simple.
Let us know what happens. If you get the 1013 again, then I have no idea what to say.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It still does not sound to me like you are using DFU mode... Are you sure?

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes im sure sir.. all black screen, is it a hard ware problem?.. i was wondering is it a hardware problem?

xplode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
xplodeteam.blogspot.com
Well i have encountered this error many times, and my conclusion is that when the device (it happens on iphones too) reach the point of flashing baseband it errors out with 1013. Also i noticed that this started happening after itunes upgrade, i am not sure which one. The fix is to run redsn0w and jailbreak the device, after jailbreak process device will restart and it will be again in recovery mode. Open tiny umbrella and hit exit recovery. Now the device should boot normally. The only bad thing of this method is that the device will be hacktivated, so in order to activate it normally you should use SAM.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
xplode said:
Well i have encountered this error many times, and my conclusion is that when the device (it happens on iphones too) reach the point of flashing baseband it errors out with 1013. Also i noticed that this started happening after itunes upgrade, i am not sure which one. The fix is to run redsn0w and jailbreak the device, after jailbreak process device will restart and it will be again in recovery mode. Open tiny umbrella and hit exit recovery. Now the device should boot normally. The only bad thing of this method is that the device will be hacktivated, so in order to activate it normally you should use SAM.

You are correct to say that this is related to the baseband, however the solution you mention 1) is not relevant to the user because he says he is installing 4.3.5 which has baseband 04.10.01, and since that is the current baseband, Apple is still signing it, and 2) He has an iPad2 and redsn0w cannot be used.

If he has followed the instructions as given above he should never get a 1013 because he is installing the current firmware.

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats why my last option is to use another computer to restore my ipad2 but could it be a hardware problem? or does internet connection has to do with this? i read in the apple forum that there is a timer and when you exceed the time given for the restore your gonna get error 1013 especially if your restore idevice like iphone and ipad 3g.. man its making my head hurts.. for a week still i cant get it bypass error 1013

Most reactions

Latest posts