What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 video recording vs. Camcorder

desidude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends,

My business client who lives in a less advanced country in Asia has asked me to buy him a Camcorder (I am in the USA) for him to take home videos of his kids growing up, family time etc.

I was wondering how the VIDEO RECORDING QUALITY of the IPAD 2 is? Would it compare to a mid range Canon/Sony Camcorder?

Do you think the IPAD 2 is a good VIDEO recording substitute as it offers so much more at the cost of portability?

I appreciate your advice as I need to purchase either the camcorder or the IPAD 2 this weekend.

Thanks so much,

desidude

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras on the Ipad2 are both less that 1 megapixel, so no it's not as good as a camcorder and the experience of actually filming with an iPad would not be as good either, you would have to use 2 hands with an iPad as opposed to 1 with a camcorder.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Alex Merd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably too late but anyway...
There are a lot of awful camcoders and if there is no requirements for optical zoom (for me optical zoom is the main reason while I will still using some dedicated photo/video device) iPad2 can be quite a good choice, also iPad3 is here with a better video.

Most reactions

Latest posts