What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Unable to join network ...

kkwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at my wit's end. I've tried all the suggestions found in this forum and others but I'm still not able to join any network.

I have an iPad2 64 GB WiFi + 3G. I've had this beauty for over a month and the problem only surfaced now. I've just recently updated the iOS to 4.3.3. It was working fine after the update but then 3 days later it just stopped. Can't connect to any network at all!! :mad:

I've tried resetting the network settings, restored the iPad to it's factory settings, rebooted my router, renamed my router, all that. I've even spoke to Apple Support and we repeated everything that I've already done but still nothing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem or do I need to bring it back to Apple?

Appreciate any input.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Id suggest taking it back to the Apple store, maybe theres something wrong with the ipad, or it could be a setting that got changed.

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it works on other wifis then it's your house. Try using Starbucks or the wifi at apple. If those don't work too, then exchange it for another.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

OP
K

kkwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ColemanLee09 - That's just it, I'm not able to connect any network whatsoever. I've tried my friend's house, at work, at coffee shops or anywhere else that has hotspots, free or not. Nothing.

King.Khoj & mmmmpa - I've restored it to factory default and have updated the iOS and still nothing. Strange thing is that I can see the networks but my iPad 2 just isn't able to join it. I have an iPhone 3GS and my sons have their iPhone 4 and using those devices we can all join the network without any issues.

I guess I'm looking at bringing it back to Apple. The stinker about that is I'm currently out of the country (Canada) for work and won't be back in Canada until early September. Apple knows this and said it's still okay to bring it then as it's still under warranty. Maybe I should buy Apple Care for this device, just in case.

Thanks all for your suggestions/advice. Very helpful and will be looking at this forum for more tips and tricks in the future.

Jondalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue here. My first Ipad 2 worked great for about 30 days then zap does not connect to any network. Apples support finally sent me a new Ipad 2... It worked great for about 3 weeks now and yesterday the same thing, unable to connect to the network. I liked the Ipad while it worked. This is my first Apple product, but looks like it will be my last!

Mbamenra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jondalar said:
Same issue here. My first Ipad 2 worked great for about 30 days then zap does not connect to any network. Apples support finally sent me a new Ipad 2... It worked great for about 3 weeks now and yesterday the same thing, unable to connect to the network. I liked the Ipad while it worked. This is my first Apple product, but looks like it will be my last!

I had the same frustrating problem. I have WPA2 security and couldn't figure out anything. After searching all over the Internet, I came across a casual post with a suggestion that so far appears to be the fix I needed. Try going into your router settings and change from auto assignment of the channel to "channel 1".

Most reactions

Latest posts