What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 unable to detect sim card

kalsabek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello my ipad2 is unable to detect the microsim cards I insert. I tried 5 sims n they all didn't work. When I first got the iPad last month it was working normally with the sim cards. I don't kno y did this happen maybe from last week's update? I bought it from apple store US

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all try the 'fix nearly all problems' cure of powering down completely - i.e. press and hold the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to power down, wait until the screen goes completely blank - a few seconds - then press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then power up - it takes a few seconds again - and then you're back to the Home screen. See if the problem persists and get back to us if there's still a problem or let us know how you get on.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I tried that twice. Didn't work

When you put the SIM into the iPad and switch it on, do you get the 'No SIM' message in the menu bar at the top left hand corner of the screen (as though there is no SIM in the iPad) or do you get a signal indication, but the iPad just doesn't connect to the Internet?

Tim

OP
K

kalsabek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just get a no sim card on the left hand at the top

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry that no one else has been able to help you. I can think of nothing else other than returning it to the Apple Store. If you've tried 5 SIM cards and none of them work, I can see no other explanation than a hardware failure. As you know, the SIM card has a 'location corner cut-out', which means it's not even possible to put it in the wrong way around or upside-down.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This thread is quite old, and the OP hasn't been back for more than a year.

That said, your first stop is your carrier. If it is a SIM problem, they should be able to solve it.

If it is the iPad, you'll need to deal with Apple. Your iPad comes with a one year hardware warrantee from Apple (two year in some EU countries) with an optional AppleCare package that extends it to two years. This SIM problem (if it's the iPad) should be covered if your warrantee is still good.

You can check that here.
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

TUMKUR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No sim card

It worked in my case. First time it happened and did what you mentioned and it is normal now.

First of all try the 'fix nearly all problems' cure of powering down completely - i.e. press and hold the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to power down, wait until the screen goes completely blank - a few seconds - then press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then power up - it takes a few seconds again - and then you're back to the Home screen. See if the problem persists and get back to us if there's still a problem or let us know how you get on.

Tim

Most reactions