What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 - strange (software bug?) problem with lock-screen button

iPadUsah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All!

I have an iPad 2 and i think there's something wrong with its lock-screen button.
As far as i know, 1 tap on that button should lock and turn off the screen but it doesn't work on my iPad.
I thought "OK, it seems that button is dead"... but NO! It works because when i hold the button bit longer, iOS asks me to slide the bar in order to turn my device off.
I have also tried locking my screen by "software" button available in AssesiveTouch but it doesn't work either.
Just to add - I have tried to reset my iPad, restore iOS from the beginning and it didn't work.

The only way to lock it is to set the auto-lock to turn the screen off after few minutes.
I forgot to add that screenshot (home+lock-screen) works without any problem.

Do you maybe know what's happening?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All!

I have an iPad 2 and i think there's something wrong with its lock-screen button.
As far as i know, 1 tap on that button should lock and turn off the screen but it doesn't work on my iPad.
I thought "OK, it seems that button is dead"... but NO! It works because when i hold the button bit longer, iOS asks me to slide the bar in order to turn my device off.
I have also tried locking my screen by "software" button available in AssesiveTouch but it doesn't work either.
Just to add - I have tried to reset my iPad, restore iOS from the beginning and it didn't work.

The only way to lock it is to set the auto-lock to turn the screen off after few minutes.
I forgot to add that screenshot (home+lock-screen) works without any problem.

Do you maybe know what's happening?

Hi there, welcome to iPF!
Sorry, I can't tell you what's happening.
I see that you already reset your iPad and set up as new. Perhaps you should bring it to Apple for a check.

Most reactions

Latest posts