What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 speaker not working when facetime

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

Hopefully someone can help me :(

My iPad 2 speaker used to no problem, only once but after reset (i press on/off button and home button together and wait for the Apple logo), it's fine. But recently after update to iOS5, when I do FaceTime, my friend cannot hear me. So I tried to reset it, cannot help :( is there any other way I can do or I've to bring to Apple store to repair. Pls help, thank you :)

Hugs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have accidentally activated the Mute function, which can be controlled by either the 'hard' switch next to the volume control or the 'soft' switch at the far left of the multi-task bar. Although the mute function is only supposed to affect system sounds - such as the arrival of new email - many app developers use it to mute all sound.

Tim

OP
beary7823

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I try calling my friend thru FaceTime, she said she heard nothing but noisy sound :( is it mean that the speaker got problem :'(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - so it's the microphone that's the problem and not the speaker. Have you tried the reboot since upgrading to iOS5?

Tim

OP
beary7823

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes, sorry is the microphone, blur me :( I can listen song thru the speaker but just the microphone. I tried using talking tom, when it play back. I heard nothing but noisy sound. Yes, I reboot but still....... :'(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - not sure. Several Members have reported problems with the iPad microphone, but a reboot usually fixes the problem. You say, too, that you've tried using an app that records from the microphone and that, when you play back the recorded sound, it sounds noisy. So it definitely seems like a microphone issue - but it's strange that it's seems to have happened when you upgraded to iOS5. Is the iPad still under warranty? If so, a visit to an Apple Store for a replacement might be one option.

Tim

OP
beary7823

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure whether is it due to after update to iOS5. But my last try of FaceTime is fine.... I bought my iPad 2 around May 2011, guess its still under warranty. But I can only go back to Singapore in Jan 2012, as I'm in China now. Sigh!!! Why always me?? Having MacBook Pro screen flickering problem (just bought in Apr 2011) and now iPad 2 microphone problem. :'( feel like crying....

OP
beary7823

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway, thanks for your help and advise, Tim. Have a nice day :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are Apple Stores in China, too, so you could take your iPad into one of those stores. The warranty is world-wide, so it should be honoured in every country in the world.

Tim

OP
beary7823

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I'm in Wuxi, and the nearest Apple store is in Shanghai :(

Most reactions

Latest posts