What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 slow charging

needy_indie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my iPad is charging really slow. I have it for a month now and it's fine until these past week.Help!:(

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using a wall adaptor, your iPad will generally recharge much more quickly than if you're trying to charge it via usb cable on your PC. Also, if you own an iphone, be sure you haven't grabbed the adaptor for that by mistake. My understanding is that the adapters for both devices are identical in appearance, but the iphone adaptor will charge more slowly.

OP
N

needy_indie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your replies! I mostly charge it on my laptop. I took you advice and connect it on adaptor but still the same.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To try ruling out possible problems:

-- Plug into different outlet.
-- Switch cord if you have another or can borrow one.
-- Switch plug if you have another or can borrow one.

If none of these makes a difference, you might have a bad cord and/or wall plug. If that's the case, just contact Apple or take them to a store for an exchange.

Sometimes people get cords and/or plugs that are lemons. They're covered under warranty.

ojisjunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
squashjunkie said:
There is also the Aus Ai charger which supposedly allows you to chrage the iPad2 from the USB port of a computer. You can downloed the software from ASUS Ai Charger - Quick charge your iPod, iPhone and even iPad!
I am gonna install it and test it tonight when I get back from work, will post the results here!

I have installed the software and am currently charging my ipad 2 from the usb port on the laptop. Very useful tool when i'm travelling or in the office!!!!

OP
N

needy_indie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all your help. Now I tried another cable and it worked like a charm---but at least at this very moment.
Now my sister got a new laptop and I want to move my itunes music over to the new computer. what is the easiest way to do that? ANy suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts